Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP VC - Configuration Profile - CU41

former_member209175
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Team,

I am setting the configuration profile in CU41 for my KMAT material. in Cu41 we have different options as below (Planned / Prod Order, SET etc). But I could not able understand under which business condition what needs to be selected. Could anyone help me with simple example in what condition what option to be selected.

The SAP F1 help was not clear to me on this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Flavio
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Maybe the following link will help a little:

Process Overview - Variant Configuration (LO-VC) - SAP Library

There, the different scenarios are described in detail.

Thanks and regards,

Flavio

former_member209175
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Flavio,

Thanks for the link.

In the link, it is mentioned as below for SET processing:

For example, a PC is made of components CPU & keyboard. These components are saleable & manufactured separately. In the sale order the user want to see the individual components (CPU & key board) as sale order items, as well as the whole PC as sale order item. In the sale order, these products are grouped together in a SET.

My question is:

1. The customer wants to buy only the PC. But in sale order along with PC, the other components like CPU & key board also added as sale order items automatically due to SET process. So will the CPU, key board, PC delivered to the customer? (But the customer wanted only the PC).

2. For the SET process do I need to create BOM in CS01 with usage 5 (Sales and distribution) with "Sales Relevant" indicator set for BOM components ( or ) I can create the BOM in CS01 with usage 1 (Production BOM) with "Sales Relevant" indicator set for BOM components?

3. Its regarding Order BOM process. For this Order BOM process, In CS01, the BOM to be created with what usage?

4. Order BOM Process: We have two transactions namely CS61 & CU51. How to use these transactions for Order BOM process?

5. In the link it is mentioned that the BOM components are NOT determined in the sale order until the user calls the "special processing function". What is the "special processing function"? Is that Cs61 or CU51?

Thanks

former_member209175
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Flavio,

Could you please guide me here?

Thanks

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SK SK,

I suggest please go through SAP help document on each topic, it will help you creating a model in training system and explore functions.

1) Pc is made up of ( Monitor, CPU and Key board) , if customer want to order PC the component in BOM will be copied in sales ordr as low level items . If customer want to order only monitor then only item for monitor will be there in sales orer.

2) If you want BOM explosion for your sales order you need to have a sales relevant BOM in system, a usage 5 or even the usage 3 (Universal) will also work.

3) to use order BOM process you need to have a normal BOM created in system , for every sales order a new order BOM can be created with CS51 or CS61.

4) Once sales order is created a order BOM need to be maintained using CS51 or CS61 , More deatils please refer sap help.

5)  Dependens upon BOM explosion setting the BOM explosion will be controlled..

Check may be above explanation work for you.

Thanks

Ritesh

former_member209175
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

Thank you for the info.

Just small clarification....

1. You said that "For Order BOM process, you need to have NORMAL BOM in system." Do you mean normal BOM as "Material BOM Created in CS01 with any usage (For example Usage 1 -Production)"?

2. And also you have mentioned that once the sale order is created, the order BOM to be created in CS51 or CS61. Is it CS51 or CU51 (any typo error)? What is the difference creating order BOM in CU51 / CS51 / CS61?

3.If the customer wants to order PC, in the sale order the components of PC will be copied as sale order line items (Monitor, CPU, key board) & the whole PC will NOT be available in sale order as sale order line item, if we use SET process.  Is it so?

Thanks

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SK SK,

I suggest instead of asking basic question , please spend time in reading through SAP Help and try to do hands on in training system.

Order BOMs (PP-BD-BOM) - SAP Library

If you are dealing with configure material , its but obvious you have created a super BOM ( i refer it as normal BOM in my previous reply)

2) for knowing exact transaction code and more info on order BOM refer link Order BOMs (PP-BD-BOM) - SAP Library

3) PC will be first line item in sales order and other 3 will be dependent line item in same sales order.

and ot will not be done just by selecting SET in configuration profile, you need work with SD and need to have all configuration settings there in system.

Variant Configuration (LO-VC) - SAP Library

I hope this explanation will help you. Please close the thread if you got all information on CU41 configuration parameter.

Thanks

Ritesh