cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BC_MSG Deletion Problem On AIX HACMP Cluster Environment

fatihyar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus, We can not delete messages in BC_MSG table. Per note 807615 in url http://:/MessagingSystem/archiving/reorgdb.jsp we can expire messages in BC_MSG table which has 60.000.000 records but when we try to delete message in same URL the result is 0 messages have been succesfully removed from the database. Our PI system is ased on NW 7.3 ABAP + JAVA stack. We use Oracle 11.2.0.2 as database. We use AIX HACMP cluster. Can you help us about this issue? Kind Regards, Fatih

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

fatihyar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all gurus,

The problem is solved. Because the default archive job is active in the system the default delete job was not running. After i deactive default archive job i manually started default delete job. Now it is deleting BC_MSG table.

Best Regards,

Fatih

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

fatihyar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Is there any other idea about issue?

Thank you,

Fatih

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faith,

Is default delete job type is delete?? why in the log saying archive? can you create delete job again and run the job again.

Regards,

Praveen.

fatihyar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen, Check the below link please. On the image it is also writing number of archived messages in delete job log. http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2010/04/22/archiving-deletion-of-messages-in...

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faith,

My system showing deleted messages only, what is your PI version??

Regards,

Praveen.

fatihyar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

PI version is SAP NW 7.3 SPS09 ABAP + JAVA.

Best Regards,

Fatih

fatihyar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all gurus,

Our table message status is as below. I can expire messages succesfully but after i click remove messages the result is "0 messages have been succesfully removed from the database". What can be the problem?

SQL> select distinct STATUS, count(1) from SAPSR3DB.BC_MSG GROUP BY STATUS;

STATUS COUNT(1)

------------ ----------

HOLD 563

DLNG 1

DLVD 60986564

FAIL 3173

TBDL 1183

NDLV 90060

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fatih,

• Is those messages which has final status DLVD and FAIL are not with in the retention period then you need to schedule the normal delete job,
  • If the messages were in with in the retention period then you need to use above reorg url which is mentioned in the note.

Regards,

Praveen.

fatihyar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

The messages are from the year 2014, 2015 and 2016. Our retention period is 30 days. You can see

below screenshots. There is nothing happen.

Only below sql script is running when i check from db02.

SELECT

"MSG_ID"

FROM

"BC_MSG"

WHERE

"MSG_ID" = :1

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faith,

Are these messages are in final status? if so it will be deleted by the delete job.

Refer the below blogs

Deletion of entries in BC_MSG_LOG in PO 7.4 | SCN

SAP note : 872388 - Troubleshooting Archiving and Deletion in PI.

Regards

Bhargava Krishna

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fatih,

Did you enter the number of days and did you click on Expire Messages?? then click on remove messages?? because you need to click expire messages before remove messages.

Regards,

Praveen.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Fatih,

check the below link and see if it helps

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3541938