cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do we need TREX for MDG Search??

0 Kudos

I understand we need to install TREX to search objects in MDG, but in our Training System we do not have a TREX Instances.

Is there a way we make this search capability work any other way, without TREX?

Is so, please specify me the alternative method??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183733
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

From my knowledge and experience: TREX is not mandatory but in a lot of cases it makes sense to have it. Alternatives are SAP HANA based search, DB Search and ADR (Data Servises).

It dependents on your scenario and on the domain.

MDG-C/S/BP: You can use out of the box DB-Search to be able to search for existing Business Partners. You can even use remote key search to find BPs via Customer Number or Vendor number (if you defined the DRF correctly). But TREX is very beneficial if you want to have FUZZY search and to have customer/vendor ID search on the same search method.

MDG-M: TREX or HANA search is strongly recommended because with DB search you cannot search via classification. In SCN you will find a how to guide to add the DB search option for material as well but as said: no classification search supported.

MDG custom objects: You can implement your own DB search adapter as you want.

Summary: If you have SAP HANA: no need for TREX. If you do not have SAP HANA available for your MDG System: TREX is very helpful to do fuzzy search and essential for Material classification search. In a training system its maybe sufficient to just configure the DB search.

Please keep in mind that the search is tightly connected to the duplicate check as well hence: if you go for DB based search your duplicate check will also be based on DB search (no fuzzy,...)

Best Regards

Steffen

0 Kudos

Hi Steffen,

Thanks for that detailed answer ..

Just a quick help...  We are trying to configure for Material, Customer and Vendor. Can you tell what it means DB configure ?

Is this the one?? Do let me know.. Thanks

former_member183733
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

for MDG-BP/C/S you have to do nothing. Just use the standard search. All settings are in a standard system. you can review the setting in MDGIMG-->General Settings-->Data Quality and Search --> Search and Duplicate Check --> Define Search Applications --> Src Mode DB

for MDG-M you might check this nice guide

Best regards

Steffen

Answers (0)