Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Logon: disable logon without SNC

yes_sapteam
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am looking to disable the "SNC Logon without Single Sign On" option as shown here (SAP Logon Pad):

In other words, we want the user to logon only with SNC.

Regards,

Ayal Telem.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please read SAP note 2138335 - SAP Logon 7.40: logon possibilities for a connection entry defined with SNC turned on.

You will find the registry key that will prevent that entry from appearing. The only option is using SNC to logon to a system.

Kind regards,

Cris

yes_sapteam
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Crisitano,

Your reply was helpful, but it's disadvantage is the need to be on certain SAPGUI version and Patch, and the need to mess with user's Registry.

Another option, better as I see it, suggested to me by OSS:

Dear Ayal Telem,

You can allow / deny insecure SAPGUI connection(s) with following parameter : snc/accept_insecure_gui (profile parameter)

1 Accept insecure communication : Use this value if both insecure and secure communication is to be allowed for SAP GUI.

0 Disallow insecure communication : Use this value only if secure communication is to be allowed only (no insecure communication) for SAP GUI.

U User-defined (User Management SU01) : Use this value if insecure or secure communication for SAP GUI application is to be configured in the user management tool (SU01).

We recommend that you set this value to 1. If you want to enforce higher security, change this value to 0 (for all) or U (user dependent).

Best regards,

Adrian, Forro

Support Consultant

AGS Primary Support, Identity and Access Management

Secure Login

Enjoy.

Answers (0)