cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock reservation for Sales Order (No Accounting Entry should be passed)

former_member211706
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

My requirement is to reserve the stock for a particular sales order.

But the issue is while we will doing the Stock reservation 412 E/413 the Accounting entry is generated . Business Requirement is  No Accounting Entry should be passed while doing stock reservation.

Accounting Entry is   Cost of Good sold  Dr.     53972.12    (+)

Finished Goods Inventory Cr. 53972.12 (-)

Please suggest.

Regards

Pulak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How do you create the reservation? What transaction are you using?

former_member211706
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Jyoti,Ajay,Jurgen,

Thanks for your valuable answer

Dear Mr Ajay,

As per your answer the entry is trigger form OBYC, But my question is while we do FG reservation against sales order the Accounting entry passed or not, I don't know the Logic.Please comment.

Dear Mr Jyoti/Jutgen,

The requirement is reserve the FG stock against the sales order. that means while doing PGI only the particular FG Stock is used.

Initially we used the transaciton MB1b with Mov type 412 -E. but the problem is,it is generate the Accounting entry(Obyc setting ajay explained in above thread).which is wrong.

Could you please help in any other way we can able to do reservation Against sales order without creating Any Accounting Entry.

Regards

pulak

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Who told you that you can create a reservation with MB1B?

MB1B is creating material movements, real postings, hence you get accounting documents.

Reservations are made with MB21.

former_member211706
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Jurgen,

Thank you !!!

Then we will use the Transaction code MB21 . which movement type can we use for reservation against sales order.

Please advice.

Regards

Pulak

former_member233130
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can go ahead  with 231,i guess:)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mvt Type 231 is relevant for VKA, VAX, and PRA. So, accounting doc will generate.

Thanks, JP

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

With MB21 there will not be any accounting document. Accounting docs will be created if you do a movement in reference to the reservation using MIGO or old MB transactions.

former_member233130
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

i dont think mb21 creates accounting doc.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you are correct. My comment was based on end to end process. Ignoring "reservation". My bad.

Thanks, JP

former_member211706
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Jurgen & JP sir,

I have posted the stock in MB21 By using 231 movmnet type, But I am not able to see the stock in CO09 and MMBE Transactions against reserved sales order.

But I am able to see the reserved stock in MB23.

how we can find reserved the stock against sales order if we used 231 Movment type ?

but mu doubt is, if we can reserve the stock by using 412 E in MB1B ( But here accounting entries are generated ) this is not required by client.

Last but not least in Google number of of consultants are saying 412 E is us full for stock reservation for SO.

Confused on 412 and 231...please let me know the conclusion.

But still after 231 movment Type stock reservation in MB21 still system not reserving the stock.

Beceause I have tested with one scenario.

Warm Regards

Pulak

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pulak

1. Go to FB03 and Display the Accounting Document

2. In Line items, Display the Field "Transaction". It must show you which OBYC Transaction triggered the Posting

3. In Stock it will be BSX. What is the Transaction for "COGS" line item. I suspect it is PRD, but you have mapped COGS GL there?

If (3) is Yes, it is because of the fact that your Sales Order Price for the Material is Zero..

Ajay M

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pulak,

Business Requirement is  No Accounting Entry for Stock Reservation

I hope you are aware that reservation updates are based on Goods Issue/Goods Receipt. But, the accounting entries can be very much can be controlled. Probably you have to control that through relevant movement type.  But, I have few queries for you to understand the business logic and impact for this:

1.Is there any goods movement involved?

2. Why business want this change in inventory management?

3. What is the source of inventory movement for this reservation? Is it Production Order or one plant to other?

4. What sort of materials is getting reserved here?

5. How are your inventory accounts will be set-off?

Thanks, JP

former_member211706
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Mr JP,

Thank you for sharing valuable time.

Relevant to your query.

1. No goods movement is involved here.

2.Business is want reserve the FG batch against the sales order.

3.The FG batch is reserve against the sales order then the Delivery and PGI will be done against that particular  FG Batch. No other FG batch is allowed here.

4.Only FG batch is reserved here.

5. No accounting entry to be passed because of no goods movement and only we reserve the FG stock.

Regards

Pulak

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pulak,

Try use movement type 103 - GR into blocked stck. Here you can also use special stock indicator E for sales order. To post the transaction MIGO / MB01 / MB03. FYI, with this movement type ypu will have material documents but, no accounting documents will generate. Moreover, you can have your stock manages your plant level.

Thanks, JP