cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manually Changing Planning Method In Planning Board

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have set a particular project profile planning method to open planning for both both basic and forecast. In addition, I have set scheduling scenario to free scheduling. Per other threads and available SAP guidance this can be changed at a project level from the project planning board by selecting options and scheduling tab. However, when I go to there, the fields are not available to do so. I am operating on ECC 6.0 / EHP 7. Can someone advise if this ability has been moved or taken away or if it's visibility is controlled by some additional configuration or through an OSS note?

Thank you,

Kevin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

you can change the settings in Project Builder as well.. I think your project structure should not be in released status..

Check on the Control Tab for these settings.. Similarly you can change it at PPB as well..

Regards

Sammar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I looked on the control tab and didnt see it. Thank you for the info on the REL status. When I get this working I will test this out.

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

That's bit strange. Has someone changed the screen layouts?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not that I am aware. It is very odd.

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Can you create a new project profile in DEV system and test it for new projects..

If it still doesn't work I would suggest to raise an OSS message with SAP..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cool, thanks. I was thinking an OSS message with SAP. I am always leary about doing it in case I get the dreaded reply "That's a consulting configuration issue."

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

fingers crossed.. Raise it and parallely work on the new  Profile ..

Shubham1
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Kevin

I am also on ECC 6.0 EHP7 , but I can see the option in CJ2B transaction.

Can you please share similar screenshot of your system so as to understand the difference.

Shubham

Former Member
0 Kudos
Shubham1
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello

Go to SPRO settings for project profile - OPSA  - > plg board /dates tab.

Take a different project altogether which has got different project profile mapped and see if the same issues exists in PPB.

One of the configuration settings (OPSA) is the reason for this issue.

Shubham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, I will review this and look for potential changes to test. All of our profiles are the same. If you have an idea which it may be, let me know.

Thank you,