Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two SAP Systems and one SAP PI middle ware

former_member190681
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

i have a requirement like SAP 4.6 ECC data to move SAP ECC 6.0, both are differe nt system ids. can we able to integrate or transfer the data through RFC sender to Rfc Receiver. in this case how to connect connection betwenn two r/3 systems?

for Sender Rfc i need to create RFC Destination for the SAP 4.6 System right? other than this is there any possible connection need to set or what?

Regards,

Kiran Polani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

suchitatomar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

As Bhargava said it is possible to create multiple BS so create new technical system and then business system.

Refer below link for steps:

Let us know in case still problem is not resolved.

Regards

S Tomar

former_member190681
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Tomar,

I am getting an error while executing Transaction Code RZ70 in SAP R/3 Server.

1)Error is RFC call Failed. causes what any idea?

2) is it required to open ports from SAP ECC 4.6> version to SAP PI Server ?

3) in SAP 4.6> ECC version for communication to SAP PI is it required to create 3 type connection.

4) is it required to connect H Type connection in SAP PI server.

Regards,

Kiran Polani

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sri,

Did you create the RFC destination in SM59?

check the below link for RFC at Sender side

SAPTechnical.COM - A Step-by-Step Guide on Asynchronous RFC - to – JDBC Scenario Using SAP PI 7.0

former_member190681
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear,

I have created RFC destination, but getting error in while doing connection Test.

Regards,

Kiran Polani

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kiran,

It might be due to missing roles,wrong host or some other reasons.

Ensure URL is correct and check the link I shared for other details.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your current error in RZ70 is in no way related to the context of this question# how do you integrated 2 SAP systems using RFC Adapter.

I would suggest you open a new Thread so it is more relevant to the discussion,. Thanks!

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

suchitatomar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

Good to hear that your query got resolved finally 🙂

Regards

S Tomar

suchitatomar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

PFB answer to your query

Error is RFC call Failed. causes what any idea?

Please check SM59 RFC destinations to solve the issue.

Then go to SM59 and delete the following entries ;

SLD_NUC

SLD_UC

Go to transaction code RZ70 and repeat the process.

Hope your query will be resolved..!! let us know if it works for you.

Regards

S Tomar

former_member190681
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear S Tomar,

I have deleted in both rfc destinations and then executed RZ70 but I got same error.

after execution 2 rfc destination created again.

for this I took an alternative same I have executed some other server I has got generated and export the tr from that server and imported in SAP PI Server.

imported TR Successfully and create new Business system for the second SAP Technical System.

Regards,

Kiran Polani

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Adding to the comments above:

1. Once you have created your RFC sender/receiver in PI, set the maximum connections to 5. By default there are 5 threads allocated for the RFC adapter(can be verified in NWA).

2. Program ID's need to be registered in gw/sec_info or gw/reg_info for it to work. You should ask your basis team to perform this.

3. Make sure the rfc sender is unicode.

Regards,

Mark

former_member190681
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear,

I am facing one issue in that.

how to create business system for two sap servers.

is it possible to create 2 business systems.

BS_GRPXXX already we are using for SAP 6.0 and now for now for 4.7 is it possible to create another Business System?

Both server system Name and system number and sysID is different.

Regards,

Kiran Polani

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Since you have 2 SAP servers and as you mentioned "server system Name and system number and sysID is different" you can create multiple business systems.

--> You have already 1 technical system and its corresponding business system [BS_GRPXXX] SAP 6.0 in your landscape, create one more technical system with the technical details of SAP 4.7 system and derive business system from it.

Check the below link for your reference.

http://saptechnical.com/Tutorials/XI/SLD/Index.htm

Regards

Bhargava Krishna

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

If the both systems having different system ID's you can create two business systems with different names using system ID's like BS_E6D310 and BS_R3D310, here system ID's are E6D and R3D.

Regards,

Praveen.

suchitatomar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

Refer below thread for more details and let us know in case you require more assistance on this.

RFC of one R/3 to RFC of other R/3 communicatio... | SCN

Regards

S Tomar

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sri,

Which type of data your planning to move and why this requirement ,are you upgrading to newer version of ECC?

former_member190681
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Raghu,

Our client is having 2 SAP ECC system they want to transfer from one Server to Another Server.

Regards,

Kiran Polani

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sri,

Just a suggestion, without PI also you can transfer data from one ECC to other, just to avoid an additional task of development of PI.

And using PI as well it is possible, You can refer the link shared by other experts.

former_member204100
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

yes, you can setup an RFC to RFC scenario in this case.

Here are the steps that you need to follow:

1. create a sender RFC channel in PI - and specify the gateway and ProgramID values in the channel settings

2. create an RFC destination in the sender system and point to the gateway and ProgramID what you specified in the first point.

3. On the receiver system ensure that the function module is set to "remote-enabled":

Creating RFC and Remote-enabled FM and call from another SAP system using ABAP Program - Code Galler...

--> Fig 2.1

4. In PI create an RFC receiver channel and point to this receiver SAP System.

More or less these are the main steps that you need to folow. Of course beside these steps the RFC structure needs to be imported in Repository.

Best Regards,

Viktor

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

can we able to integrate or transfer the data through RFC sender to Rfc Receiver.

Yes

In this case how to connect connection betwenn two r/3 systems? for Sender Rfc i need to create RFC Destination for the SAP 4.6 System right? other than this is there any possible connection need to set or what?

You need to follow the below steps

1. Create RFC destination of type T in both Ecc systems and provide PI server host and gateway details.

2. Import RFC from both ECC systems into PI system and do the necessary mappings in ESR under imported objects.

3. Create RFC sender and Receiver channels and do the required configurations in ID.

Reference links

XI/PI: Understanding the RFC Adapter

SAPTechnical.COM - Scenario on RFC to SOAP

SAPTechnical.COM - File to RFC with multiple records using BPM

You can also go for IDOC communication where you will be establish communication with ECC systems using ALE/IDOC configuration.

http://saptechnical.com/Tutorials/XI/IDocToIDoc/page1.htm

Regards

Bhargava Krishna