cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process order losing Recipe Data in ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

we have a situation where, if a process order is directly created in ECC, or if you read master data again to any process order directly in ECC that process order loses the recipe data in APO. In APO it will not have any activities and hence do not show up in the planning board. Has anyone been in this situation before and know how to resolve this? Please advice. Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could please share the screen shot of OPUZ? In process order COR2 Capacity requirement and Automatic scheduling is active in Control tab. 

Did you check the CIF application log if any application log in error is there.

Also note /SAPAPO/MVM  > Select Model & Version > in both SNP and PP/DS you can define that orders may not be created without source of supply.

Read consulting SAP note 314816 - Manufacturing orders: Problems with operation data

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

In COR2 capacity reqs and automatic scheduling is active in control tab. Also, in MVM, no orders without source of supply for in-house production (E) is selected.

Let me rephrase my question again. When I create a process order in ECC and when this order is transferred to APO, the order does not have any recipe data like work center and activities in APO. In another scenario, when the planned order is converted to process order in APO and if I post read the master data again in ECC for this process order, all activities and resource are disappearing from the process order in APO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this issue for every production order?   For every production order type?  What production order type are you using? 

The production order does not need a PDS or PPM.

If the components / work centers used in the production order exist in APO and are in an active cif integration model then you will see the components/ work center in APO.  

Do you have the PPDS PDS/PPM in APO?

Ken

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you screen shot of your process order?

Does order have date in past?

Did you try  delta Report (/SAPAPO/CCR) for these orders in question?

When you create a production order in R/3, you are using the R/3 configuration and master data to schedule the order.  It is recommended to create or convert  order from APO only.

Please read the SAP help document on it,

Conversion of Planned Orders into Manufacturing Orders - Production Planning and Detailed Scheduling...

Also read consulting note 579758 - R/3->APO: Retaining APO scheduled activity dates

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken

Thanks for trying to help me.

Yes issue is with every process order created in ECC. We do want the users to have the ability to create process orders in ECC. But when this order is transferred to APO, the work center is getting removed from the process order ( I suspect in CIF). Order type is PI01.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Business requires the ability to be able to create process order in ECC and transfer to APO. When order is created in ECC it does pick up the recipe data just fine. however, while transferring to APO, it loses the activities and resource in the order. CCR did not come up with any errors for these orders

Thanks again for helping

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

As per your screen shot your process order have an order scheduling start and end time as same. Order does not have any scheduling duration and capacity requirement. So there would not be any activity in ECC and APO.

I would suggest please check your master data like recipe it should have valid operation duration and control key.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you are mistaken.  A process orders and/or production order does not requires a PDS/PPM to transfer to APO. The resource consumption and component demand will exist in APO anyway.

Ken