cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open a PDF on Android devices (SAP Work Manager)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I am facing a problem to access PDF files attached to for example Work Orders inside the SAP Work Manager on Android devices. I have found out the next thread () where the issue could be solved by using an Action of Agentry called OpenURL, however I am not an Agentry developer and I am no sure how can this change be made, I have just some basic knowledge of the Agentry Development tools, and I know how to import and deploy apps.

So the question here is if anyone could explain the steps needed to use the solution found on that thread and what are the changes needed in the application ?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Please see following documents.

Viewing PDFs in Agentry on Android

http://scn.sap.com/blogs/goingMobile/2013/11/20/viewing-pdfs-in-agentry-on-android

KBA 2236789 - Attachments not opening in Work Manager

Thanks.

Tsuyoshi Yagi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tsuyoshi Yagi,

I've tried to follow the documents you have provided but i got the following issue:

I got an error with the message "Unsupported Document Type", even when the file I was trying to open was a PDF.

I installed the application External Document Launcher and modified the SAP Work Manager as follows:

And the Rule I've defined was:

However the Data property does not exists and I had to put it modifying the text of the rule.

I think the error must be in the way I have defined that rule or the OpenURL actionStep because as I said before I am not an Agentry developer and I am no really sure how these changes are made.

Can you please verify if I did it the right way or how can I change correctly the SAP Work Manager app.

Thanks a lot

Regards

William

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

In Work Manager the External Data property for attachments is the FileData property.  Your rule should reference this property instead of Data.  The launcher works by taking the URL extdoclaunch://path/to/file.pdf in this case.  The path/to/file.pdf is the full path to the attachment downloaded which in this case is in the FileData property.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

I am trying to do as you said but the FileData Property is part of the DocumentLink Object but the Actions of DocumentLinkVIew and his subactions are associated to the DocumentMetaData Object.

Should I change the object to which the actions are associated or there is any other way to use FileData property?

Regards

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You will probably want to create another subaction under DocumentLinkView specific to Android that triggers only for PDF (or other file types) that you want to view externally.  This subaction should still target the DocumentMetaData object.  Then you reference the FileData using a property lookup just like viewing a Document.  Look at the FileData field Object Property in teh DocumentLinkView_Detail_iPad screen of the DocumentLinkView screenset for an example.

--Bill

Answers (0)