Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change in Pricing Procedure+account determination

former_member185462
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We created Sales order and created deliveries but not invoiced.

Now the client wants to introduce new condition type in pricing procedure for the new sales orders.

I have few doubts,

When i create invoice for the previously created deliveries (i.e before addition of new condition),will this new condition type will impact in creating invoice (i.e a/c documents)-User wants new condition type should impact only for fresh Sales order and not for new ones.

Please guide me.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pradeep, my question here is will the pricing schema remain same as current and you'll add new step for your particular condition type in your pricing procedure, if so then unless or until user will not update condition type in sales order change transaction or billing creation screen then it'll not appear while billing.

To avoid this condition update either control it via exit or ask business to bill the invoices for old sale orders now your job would be to create a copy of your existing pricing procedure by adding your new condition type in it and do the assignment accordingly for pricing schema determination, here from cut off date for new orders new pricing schema will be determined and for old orders pricing schema will be the old one. This solution will help you for better reporting however choice would be totally yours which option you like to go for. In case you need any further help on this, you can ask. Thanks.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor

Dear Pradeep

Pricing procedures at Sales Order & billing documents may differ. we can do this with standard..

Here the only issue is delivery documents lying before cut-off date.for these documents you can follow the below process.

You can have a different pricing procedure assignments if we use the field ""Doc pric proc at VOFA"".

System will always carry new pricing at billing level can be controlled through VTFL-Pricing type.

Further you can ask the user to have Valid from -To ---accordingly this new condition record will be fetching..

The sales orders created after this cut-off date will catch new pricing procedure-if maintained at OVKK for your sales Order type...

Phanikumar

former_member184771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It depend on how business want the new conditions, if business want the new condition should come in billing you need to use update functionality in billing or order. As indicated by other member validity will play an important role while maintaining the condition record for new condition and what business need actually.

Thanks.

SS

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pradeep,

The valid from and valid to dates set in the condition record of the new condition type will see to it that orders or invoices have this new condition type, for which the pricing date falls in the range which is set in the condition record.

My suggestion, as by others, is to ask business to invoice the open orders and deliveries, for which this condition type will populate. It is not that you need to close all the sales orders or all the deliveries but the scope is (smaller) only those transaction documents that are relevant.

I don't encourage changing the assignment of pricing procedure (with creating new pricing procedure), dabling in the copy control settings - pricing type. These are lot of work and their is a risk involved.

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

when you  add new condition type in the pricing procedure i.e you need to carry out New pricing with Update Button for the Open Orders

or

you need to carry out New pricing in the billing document for the open orders