cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using dbtran to view log

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I am having a very confusing time working with dbtran. I want to use it just to view contents of the current server log, and I can't get it to work.

This is what I'm trying:

dbtran -c "uid=XXX;pwd=XXX;DSN=IQ_server;eng=IQ_server;dbn=IQ_server" -n log_output.txt

I get SQL Anywhere Log TranslationUtility Version 16.0.0.808 and the prompt comes back instantly. No file is created. 

Why is it not working?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tayeb_hadjou
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Does dbisql -nogui work with same conenction string ?

dbisql -c dbtran -c "uid=XXX;pwd=XXX;DSN=IQ_server;eng=IQ_server;dbn=IQ_server" -nogui

Check if IQ server is started with -m option (truncates the log).

Regards,

Tayeb.

tayeb_hadjou
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Sorry for the mystype. I meant

dbisql -c "uid=XXX;pwd=XXX;DSN=IQ_server;eng=IQ_server;dbn=IQ_server" -nogui

Former Member
0 Kudos

No it does not connect. "Could not connect to the database. Data source not found and no default driver specified".

So I have to figure out where this connect string is wrong. If I change the DSN= to something else I get "Database server not found", so it must be the eng= or dbn= parameters which are wrong. If I change either of them I get the same error

"Could not connect to the database. Data source not found and no default driver specified".

Thanks!

tayeb_hadjou
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Try without DSN.

If the IQ server is in local machine:

dbisql -c "uid=XXX;pwd=XXX;eng=IQ_server_name" -nogui

If the IQ server is in remote machine, specify its hostname and port number:

dbisql -c "uid=XXX;pwd=XXX;eng=IQ_server_name;links=tcpip{host=<hostname>;port=<port#>}" -nogui

In OS console execute utility below to list servers running and broadcasting in same network:

dblocate -d

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, the IQ server is a local machine so I tried that syntax and it worked. Thanks!

Answers (0)