cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Login when using multiple Queries?

0 Kudos

Hi all,

is it the correct behaviour of Lumira, that when I refresh a document - or when I open a document which was saved "without data" - I have to login to the target system for each data source separately?

In Detail:

I have a Lumira document with two BEx queries from the same BW System. When I save the document (without data) locally or on the Team Server, when reopening, I have to enter my credentials for the same BW System twice.

Could somebody confirm that it is working “as designed”, or even better, if it is not, point me to the problem resolution ...?

Thx for any hints.

Kind regards.

oliver

PS: I use Lumira 1.30

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you considered setting up single sign-on with BW and your BI platform?

SAP Lumira and SAP Business Warehouse Connection - Business Intelligence (BusinessObjects) - SCN Wik...

0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

thanks for your reply. Yes, sure, but the "problem" is, in the past, I know that this was not the case. I built an Lumira document with 6 BEx queries, and I remember that I had to enter my credentials just one time. So I wonder if this is an "issue" on our setup, configuration or something has changed with the connection feature of Lumira ...

Therefore, I'm still interested to know, if this is the behaviour as this connection is designed or if we have an issue somewhere.

regards

oliver

ashutosh_rastogi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

The behaviour is same like you described in your problem statement from the start. However, as Tammy suggested if you use STS SSO these prompts can be avoided

Regards,

Ashutosh

0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh,

if I understood you correct, this means, that this is how Lumira is "designed": when working with Lumira Desktop you have to login for each BEx Query you use in your document.

From my point of view, not the “customer friendliest” solution, but as Tammy and you pointed out, with SSO on the Team Server it works fine.

regards,

oliver

ashutosh_rastogi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

Yes, we would better this experience in future releases.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Answers (0)