cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up leave request approval workflow?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I'm working in a project where we have setup Fiori and MyInbox. We have also enabled the Leave Request tile on the fiori side and the relevant services on the back end and I am now trying to configure the correct workflow to make the approval process for leave requests of type vacation work. I have tried to configure a copy of the workflow template WS12300111 as an approval workflow but that workflow seems to require some customisations to let the manager approve the leave request. I also tried with a copy of WS30000015 which seems to contain the required process, but when I configure this workflow in the processing process for leave type section in trx. SPRO I get an odd error on the Fiori side.

In the Gateway server in the Error log I get the error HRTIM_ABS_REQ022 which apparently means that the leave request could not be created on the back end. I have searched the net and OSS for meaningful explanations for this type of error and so far come up with nothing. Would any of you have any ideas? Should I be looking for a different workflow template?

Best regards,

Anders

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member190010
Contributor
0 Kudos

Anders,

Can't understand why you are configuring a copy of the workflow WS30000015.

You should use the workflow that is triggered when a leave request is created.

Otherwise you are not going to see any leave request in your app.

Check this link to understand the configuration needed:

App Implementation: Approve Leave Requests (Version 2) - SAP Fiori 1.0 for SAP ERP HCM - SAP Library

Regards,

Emanuel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Emanuel, l am in fact trying to do exactly what is described in the link you refer to. The Fiori Leave Request app does have its tile available in the launchpad and when I attempt to create a leave request in the app it does get created in the backend. The WS30000015 seems to be ideal as I will then have the BOR object for leave requests avaiable and no major modifications are needed for my purpose. How does it work in your scenario? I can configure any workflow I need in the processing process for leave types configuration.

I found this document that seems to describe a scenario similar to my need, here:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-46215

Best regards,

Anders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, wrong link... This was the correct one:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-47625