Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rfcping for monitoring usage

ThomasT
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

we are using rfcping from a netweaver 7.00 version to check whether a registered rfc destination is available.

Example:

rfcping type=E gwhost=sapgq1 gwserv=sapgw11 tpname=BIS.GTS6

This commandline is called via a monitoring system (Nagios) which is our central monitoring system for everything.

With a Netweaver 7.02 (ABAP/Linux) installation this works fine.

Now we upgraded the ABAP system to Netweaver 7.50 (Kernel 7.45).

The monitoring calls now do not work any more, result is:

RFC Call/Exception: SYSTEM_FAILURE

Group       Error group 104

Key         RFC_ERROR_SYSTEM_FAILURE

Message     Communication with non-ABAP RFC clients is not allowed. See SAP note 1877907 for details.

The referenced note 1877907 only talks about JCo usage which is not our case.

Does anyone know a solution to make the rfcping-call via a ABAP system started at the commandline?

Thanks for attention.

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

yakcinar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

These links may help.

Communication between SAP Systems and other SAP or Non SAP Systems

Remote Function Call (RFC) Library

1025361 - Installation, Support and Availability of the SAP NetWeaver RFC Library

Check the note

1713986 - Installation of kernel 721 (EXT)

5.4.1 For NetWeaver 7.0/7.1/7.10/7.11:

Copying executable file from NetWeaver RFC SDK 720.

The program rfcexec (UNIX and IBM i) or rfcexec.exe (Windows) is no longer shipped together with SAP kernels 720 and 721 which might break some application scenarios. As older versions of this program are no longer compatible with SAP kernels >= 720, it is mandatory to move to a new version of these files, contained in the NW RFC SDK 720. Please refer to SAP Notes 1581595 and 1025361 for detailed instructions and further information.

Regards,

Yuksel AKCINAR

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

What is performing the registration of the program "BIS.GTS6"?

Is that system using JCO?

Regards,

Isaías

ThomasT
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Isaias,

the program BIS.GTS6 is registered from a java based application, I think it is JCo based.

Regards,

Thomas

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

Wouldn't note 1877907 (suggested at the error message itself) apply to this case, then?

You should follow the "RFC server scenario" from the "Solution" section.

Regards,

Isaías

ThomasT
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Isaias,

my problem is that I don't have the possibility to set the mentioned parameter at the RFC server side. The server side is an external application (Seeburger BIS).

But your hint was helpful because on the rfc server side I found a sapjco-log which also mentioned this OSS note.

Will look further and contact the Provider of the application.

Thanks,

Thomas

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

Since the external application uses the SAP JCO library, there should be an option to set SAP JCO parameters at the external application.

Such parameters would not be used by the external application itself, but they would be passed to the JCO layer, where they will take effect.

Good luck!

Regards,

Isaías

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ThomasT
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello all,

the provider of the external application now gave the necessary hint, where to place the mentioned parameter. He also correctly stated that this is clearly a security risk.

After the setting rfcping works like before, so we can happily monitor as wanted.

Kind regards to all

Thomas