cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLED just monthe before from the manufacturing date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  SAP User ,

We are changing SLED data of FERT material form Day 'D' to Month 'M'  .

Our requirement  , SLED will just before one month from  the date of manufacturing date /month .

But SAP calculating :-

Total shelf life in material master      = 12 month

Period indicator in material master    = M (month)

Manufacturing date given during MB31 say 10.04.2016

SLED calculating through SAP =  10.04.2016 + 12 month = 04/2017

But our requirement , it should be 03/2017 instead of 04/2017 ( Just one month before from the manufacturing date )

Please guide me how to resolve the issue .

Regards,

Amit Biswas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There should be several rounding rules available from SAP to try.  I beleive that a rounding rule of "end of previous period" shiould work for you when using a period indicator of M.

Craig

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tintu,

I believe you are expecting this SLED to be by 31st March, 2017, isn't it? But system cant take this value as 12 M is a fixed indicator as horizon. If you are too particular on this date, you can use 11M instead of 12M as total shelf life for the material.

As per my understanding, the calculation performed by SAP is correct. Here I believe 04/2017 seems to be the Calculated Date after 12M by Default. In case if you still wish to create a Recurring inspection batch job in QA07 till 09/04/2017, then system will allow you to do it.

Now, if you wish to make it by 1st April 2017, you should try to use the "Rounding rule SLED" = "-" [Minus] and then it will start calculating the date as start of the month as 01/04/2017, which is a few seconds more then your expected date I believe. And recurring inspection (if any) will behave accordingly. Will that work for you?

Please can you test this explained process and confirm if this is fine.

Thanks,

Arijit

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can't you manage this with Total shelf life in material master  = 11 month?

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar