cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only one SDF for one Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Recently one of our client has a requirement of creating only one SDF for a sales Order.

If a customer order for 10 quantities and we have created 2 partial deliveries of 5 each. In first delivery customer found 2 items are defected so they returned it. Against the second delivery out of 5, 1 was damaged. So overall 3 goods were returned to client in two different returns order.

Ideally we can create two SDF for those two returns order, but client wants only ONE SDF irrespective of number of return deliveries i.e. if for first return order, we created SDF, then if next return order comes for the same sales order and if end user tries to create SDF for second time system should stop that process.

We tried to give completion rule at sales item level but client wants partial deliveries also. So we can not restrict it.

Need Help..

Thanks and Regards,

Parag

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Parag,

You need to check with the business regarding the business process side, what if for an order, returns keep coming for months, in other words order has 10 items which were delivered to the customer in two deliveries, first return order was created this month and the second return order was created after 3 months. When will the company make the SDF order?

Your need is that system should not allow a new SDF order for items of the same order, for which a SDF order has already been created.

Technically, as Naveen commented this cannot be achieved through standard SAP SD. You need to go for enhancement.

Probably the design could be -

1. routine field DataT in copy control, header level, VTAA should combine taking into consideration original order no. (and not reference RE order no.). Here you need to develop a custom routine, configuration - assign it in the copy control configuration

2. A custom table which will note the original order no. for which SDF order has already been created and system will not allow SDF order creation for an original order no. on this z table. The logic for validation can be put in the routine above.

TW

Message was edited by: TW Typewriter minor changes to point1

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member252510
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I was also wondering if we can provide solution with SAP standards.

I think we need to go for user exit.

Please post comment if anyone have little bit of idea on this query.

Regards,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am still waiting for any help from SD Gurus.

Problem is still unsolved.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Parag