cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Append Rows in ALV WD without Updating the context Node

0 Kudos

Hi,

If I set the visible row count to -1, ALV WD will display all the rows which is fine.

But as the no. of rows increases the ALV rendering keeps getting slower.

Is there any way, to improve that ALV rendering ?

What I am doing is on click of a button I am appending 20 more rows to the DATA context node of ALV again and again. So, as the rows increase the ALV rendering is getting slow.

Please let us know.

Regards,

Vaibhav Goel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure if there's a standard solution but have one technical suggestion for same.

For any reason if you can't limit the row count, how about limiting your display to a fixed number of rows at a time programatically. For example,

I have an internal table with 100 records.

I have a data node matching the internal table and for UI display, I created an aLV, with 2 buttons

- Button 1 as 'Previous' to get previous 20 entries

- Button 2 as 'Next to get next 20 entries

- Input field defaulted to '20' to display the number of visible rows

- Another input field 'Goto Row' which can make user jump to any row in order (optional)

This way, based on the indexes, ill fill the DATA number with limited number of records each time.

However, this has it's own issues like download to excel would limit the output number of records and would require to add own custom logic etc.

Thanks,

VS

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Closing the thread.

I think there is no standard solution for the same

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav,

Setting a vertical scrollbar and displaying around 20 records at a time will surely improve the performance of alv.

Set visible row count to 20 instead of -1 and check.

Thanks!

Puneet