cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different applications with the same package name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to know how WEB AS works to interpret Web Dynpro applications because I build two applications as following:

App1

com.app.models.rfczmyrfc

App2

com.app.models.rfczmyrfc (the same package name and structure but different applications)

When I deploy App1, this works fine but when I deploy App2, App2 works fine and App1 don’t work more, but if I change the package name, both applications work fine.

By the logical, WEB AS should interpret the Application name first then packages, but in my tests, I have problems because Web Dynpro doesn’t interpret two packages with the same name in two different applications.

Thanks,

Manoel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoel,

Have you made these two applications in same webdynpro project or in two different projects.

I have created two applications with same package name for both and deployed both on server.

In my case, both applications are working properly.

So, please provide detailed structure of your both applications and project.

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its true Manoel,

Despite the applications being different, they refer to the common folders (package). Hence the compilation of the new application would overwrite the old application.

The Solution : Different sub-packages for different applcns.

Regards

Meesum

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Meesum,

Have you resolved this problem?

If yes then close this thread otherwise give updates.

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Manoel,

Actually the problem is not very clear.Can u put it in more detail.

I can say one thing , whenever you say deploy new archive and run it will destroy the folder in local folder for the particular application

say

Z:\sap\SID\JC00\j2ee\cluster\server0\temp\webdynpro\web\local\appln name..

will be destroyed and a new folder created everytime u deploy a new archive.

So it might be that you are using some objects which are created at run time and when u run an application wtihout deploy new archive again,the details of other application are destroyed and hence the program is not working.

Does this help you.Explain ur problem in detail .It will be easier to help then

Regards

Bharathwaj