cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel Management - Third Party paying expense.

zunaid_hingora2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have Travel management activated.

Currently scenario is that employee pays expense and it is reimbursed.

entry is Expense account Dr. to Vendor (employee) account credit.

Now requirement is that Third party X will pay all the expense. So when employee create expense entry should be.

Expense account dr to Vendor (X) account credit. Is this possible. Please guide as i am new to TM module.

There is a concept of Service provider. Can we use it. If yes we can assign service provider in assign wage type to travel expense type.

But how we link service provider with Vendor. Say i created X as vendor in FI and also i assign X in service provider. Now how to link X in FI and TM so that required entry can be posted..

Please guide.

Regards

Zunaid

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we have a similar set up for a credit card. All the payment for expenses go to a credit card company.

We have 2 service providers: A1 - for payments to employees and C1 -  payments to a credit card company for their expense.

In order to post an expense to the credit card company we maintain configuration in the Transfer to accounting.

In here for C1 we specify the credit card company vendor number, and that is the number used to post the payment for a travel expense when the service provider = C1.

zunaid_hingora2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ella,

Thank you for the response.

I understood that you give number here with C1. My question is why are you giving 1 before C1. what does this 1 means. Does it have some logic.

One more thing to clarify is in Define assignment of wage type to symbolic account, do we need to give C1? Also there is one field 2nd symbolic account. What does it mean. please guide.

Regards

Zunaid

Former Member
0 Kudos

"1"   stands for the position in the posting. Vendor line is always #1 , so there is "1" in front of the service provider. You can read about it here           http://www.sapdatasheet.org/abap/cus0/simg_ohr0038.html"1"

Your service provider doesn't have to be called C1. You can call it V1, or whatever you want. But you have to configure it first in the "Define Service Providers".

zunaid_hingora2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ella,

Thank you for your response.

i understood as below. Please correct if i am wrong.

1. Define Service provider. C1 for eg. Correct?

2 Create travel expense type for individual receipt Zxxx.  Correct?

3. Assign wage type for receipt.Correct?

ZXXX  <----service provider

ZXXX  <--- Wage Type

4. Define assignment of wage type to symbolic account. Correct?

Z10A for eg. Assign C1 here in 2nd symbollic account.

there are some entries in symbolic expense account field. +10, +20 etc. i dont know what is that.

5. Conversion of symbolic account to expense account.HRP. Correct?

assign 1C1 = vendor account.

Regards

Zunaid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it looks correct.

zunaid_hingora2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thank you so much

Answers (0)