Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed License not showing line item data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

It's a Deemed Export Scenario.

We're creating License with t.code J1ILIC03. Every thing is entered correctly like material, qty, UOM, Value and Duty. Then we assigned this License in ARE3.

Now when we close the License (with T.Code J1ILIC05), then system is deleting the line item data. Is it a std. behaviour that on closing License the line item data gets deleted?

Pl suggest. I've searched the forum but could not find any such issue.

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6

m_madhu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

It is standard behaviour of the SAP system that while closing the license, the line items of the license are deleted from the table J_1iLicdl and THIS is done as per the SAPDesign of the license closing process.  The report which fetches the details from these tables, wont show the license line items in this case of the license. The deletion will heppen while saving the document through J1ILIC05.

Regards

Madhu M

Former Member
0 Kudos

M Madhu,

Thanks for your reply. Line items do get deleted from the License table J_1ILICDTL. This is ok with the SAP design, but my concern is that what can be the logic behind this design!!?? Why it was necessary for SAP to delete line items when the license is closed?

Thank you.

m_madhu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

The current design is also approved by the legal authorities.

Regards

Madhu M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Madhu M,

Pl do not mind. My concern is not that WHO approved this logic. My concern is that what is the rational behind such logic. I just can not say to client that SAP has designed this thing. I need to give him a logical reason.

I hope you understand.

Thank you.

m_madhu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes i got your point but as per SAP architecture they are deleting entries.

please tell me which standard report or SAP Transaction are affected ?

as per design it is sap internal design and If you need report then you need

create custom report at your end. I hope you clear on it.

Regards

Madhu M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Madhu M,

Thanks for your understanding- Helpful answer. No report or transaction is affected. I was just trying to find some rational explanation to convince the client.

Thanks a lot.