cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with retention period in SM:DOWNLOAD DELETION

0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are facing a problem with the job SM:DOWNLOAD DELETION where it seems it is not deleting the download data due to problem in retention period settings. PFB the job logs.

23.04.2016 00:00:22 Job started

23.04.2016 00:00:22 Step 001 started (program RDSWPDOWNLOADDELETION, variant , user ID SOLMAN_BTC)

23.04.2016 00:00:22 No session data deleted because the retention period is zero

23.04.2016 00:00:22 Job finished

Also in EWA, it is saying "Yellow - Job SM:DOWNLOAD DELETION is not scheduled" whereas the job is already scheduled and running but the problem seems to be with retention period as shown below.

1. I had already checked in SDCCN --> Goto --> Settings --> Task-Specific Settings --> Maintenance Settings and it looks fine, PFA the screenshot.

2. Checked below notes but they doesnt seems provide information about where to check the "Retention Period" that is mentioned in the job log.

2288144 - Self-Diagnosis Alert 00010: Job SM:DOWNLOAD DELETION is not scheduled

894279 - Background processing in SAP Solution Manager

3. Tried running the program RDSWPDOWNLOADDELETION in SE38 and it gave the same message about retention period

We are in SAP Solution Manager 7.1 SP12.

Appreciate your help on finding the retention period of "Download Data" to fix the problem.

Thanks,

Karthik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jan_j_novak
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I know this is quite past due, but this note helped me with this issue:

2626859 - How to remove the download data of service sessions

TL;DR: Check/Create parameter DOWNDAYDEL in table DSWPGLOBALCUSTOM

Have a nice day!

Jan

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik

Hope you are doing well. I suspect this is the old job framework you are referring to here which may not be relevant for SP12. Please can you check the EWA setup once again.

Further you can check at other two locations.

In service session setup-> Generation->Activation

There you can check the settings for each process.

Secondly , please check in extractor framework what are retention period settings you had maintained.

Hope it will help.

Thanks

rishav