cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import issue on ECTR & Solidworks integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expert,

Our customer still have some special requirement on ECTR & Solidworks integration.

1) Because our customer engineers are used to finishing their design in local PC. Then they upload Solidworks model by "Import" function in      Solidworks integration add-on. But the performance is not well for importing huge models. And ECTR will show error message, if the Solidworks models have complex mate relation ship or reference model.

Can we disable the "Import" function in Solidworks integration add-on. Our customer engineers are not allowed import local design to ECTR.

They need to design on line. It means every model has DIR first. Then engineers finish the true design.

2) In the "Import" model panel can I choose what I want to create DIR for unknown model not all models in the unknown model list?

Actually now if there're 10 unknown model in the "Import" model panel, if I only check 1 model for importing. ECTR will create no DIR for any model including I checked before.

Thanks.

King Regards

Martin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

GerhardHimmelsb
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Martin,

thanks for your input.

For errors I would like to ask you to create an incident via our support tools (http://support.sap.com/incident)

For new requirement please follow the process described in SAP Note 2307014 (http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2307014)

Regards,

Gerhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gerhard

I think it's not possible to disappear import icon in SolidWorks Add-on in the current version.

I noticed that there is an introduction of  attribute dataexchange_show_for_import in dtype.xml in ECTR Operations Guide. But it's not working in our system, can you help explain why?

dataexchange_show_for_import="..." 

Optional: Specifies whether this DType is used for the import.

yes: The DType is available for the import. (Default)

no: This DType cannot be used for the import.   

Best Regards

Jimmy

se_kie
Explorer
0 Kudos

The both settings "dataexchange_rename_on_import" and "dataexchange_show_for_import" are legacy settings and has no impact to the frontend UI. You can ignore these Dtype - settings.

Best regards,

Sebast

rene_gerlach
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

It is not possible to configure the Ribbon UI and

like Sebastian told, the dtype.xml settings has no impact to the frontend UI,

Best regards

Rene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rene

We are trying in two ways to accomplish our requirement. One is to disappear the icon in the frontend UI. The another one is to disable the import function with configuration in dtype.xml or on SAP side.

Regards

Jimmy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebast

As you said

The both settings "dataexchange_rename_on_import" and "dataexchange_show_for_import" are legacy settings and has no impact to the frontend UI. You can ignore these Dtype - settings.

Is there any latest similar attribute in Dtype-setting can reach the same requirement?

Or would you please tell any SAP FMs which can be enhanced to prevent the import process but have no effect on document creation?

Best Regards

Jimmy

se_kie
Explorer
0 Kudos

I regret to inform you that this possibility you require is not included in the Dtype functionality of SAP ECTR. There is the same SAP FM used for document creation as for import. You can switch on the trace in the ECTR-Icon and here you can see the SAP FM calls for each process. Best regards, Sebastian