cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration of advanced statistical forecasting algorithms in custom Planning Area

achal_gautam2
Explorer
0 Kudos

If I have a IBP (6.1) for demand License, can I configure advanced statistical forecasting algorithms in an custom build Planning area or SAP2 Planning Area ? Or I need to use the SAP 6 Planning area to configure advanced statistical forecasting algorithms.

Thanks

Achal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Technically if you like you could start from scretch and completely create your own planning area and use any of the applications.

Just the functionality requires specific names of MD attributes and key figure to run

Therefore the predelivered planning area can be seen as a help for copying to save time

If you want SOP Supply and Demand, you should consider the Unified Planning Area SAPIBP1, as that one has all included plus there exists an RDS solution with a couple of templates and configuration documents. That would potentially be the least effort

SAP6 has a bit more on the Demand side. But taking IBP6 and adding the whole supply manually is much more work

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Alecsandra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Achal,

There is no restriction on the PA, but on the functionality. SAP2 is integrated also with multi-level supply planning, which is not part of IBP demand licence. Moreover SAP2 does not contain the KFs that you need for the demand planning.

And yes, you can build your own PA as well.

Here are the applications of IBP 6.1 by module:

http://help.sap.com/static/saphelp_ibp61/en/ec/d91b55581f7c45e10000000a44538d/IBP61_applications_fea...

Regards

Alecsandra

achal_gautam2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Alecsandra,

Thanks for the reply. We have License for IBP for Demand & Supply both. Since our client needs Supply Planning also, we plan to use SAP2 Planning Area and build the demand key figures in SAP2. Also we will configure advanced Statistical Forecasting model in SAP2 for forecasting. I think its possible based on your reply that there is no restriction of using Stat Forecasting Engine on a Planning area.

Thanks,

Achal