Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPM Item id not created properly

S0022314014
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

When we extract the table /RPM/ITEM_D it came out that very recently a PPM Item has been created with a strange PPM ID which is qut of the numbe range. That PPM Item does not show up when we list the items. It is only at the table level.

Does anybody have any such an issue like an item which was created in the table and hasn't gone through the list of items?

Many thanks in advance

Regards

Savas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Savas,

Consider the following:

the /rpm/item_d table is filled with the following ITEM_CLASS values (see ITEM_CLASS) in this table:

<blank> : This is when the user creates an 'orphan' Item - I.e. an Item that is not assigned to an Initiative

1 - This is an Item that is created internally by the system for all Initiatives

2 - This is when the user created an Item that is linked to an Initiative

4 - This is for Item templates

Can you please check the ITEM_CLASS value for the record in question? It could be a class 1 for example

Regards

C

S0022314014
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chatsworth

Many thanks for the input.

ITEM_CLASS field is blank. We are not using initiatives. The items are linekd with Buckets. So what you are saying is, user might have created an item without a Bucket. But shouldn't that be somehow visible instead of desperately getting lost in the digital world of database?

And is there a way to get rid of that in the database as well?

Regards

Savas

S0022314014
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

By the way, I have checked  /RPM/ITEM_D table but all of the items are having ITEM_CLASS=<>

As I told you that they are created without initiatives, directly linked to Buckets. There must eb another explanation potentially.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Savas

It is not possible to create an Item without a Bucket

Class blank means no link to Initiative (but is not an issue)

Do you only have this one example? Strange

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Again,

Did you perhaps take a snapshot/what-if for this Item? What  is the value for field VERSION_ITEM ?

Whenever a snaphot/what-if is taken, an entry is written to /rpm/item_d

Regards

S0022314014
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chatsworth

The user does not remember any issues/problems. He created an item without issues and we can view that item on the dashboard.

Now I believe you might be right because this one has the Version_Item = X and when I checked the table with Version_Item=X, I had a long list of PPM Items with these strange numbering.

Now, what do you think? Is this normal? Does versioning bring the item numbers from another number range as we are currently using external numbering?

Cheers

Savas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Savas

This is normal behaviour yes. Versioning for Items uses a different number range and will need to be specified if you want to control this

Which version of PPM are you running? You can define version numbering through configuration.

Depending on your PPM version the global setting for numbering may be switched on by default, or you will need to switch this on yourself. In addition you will need to "Define Number ranges for Portfolio Management objects" for your versions. You don't need to do this if you are ok that there will be "strange numbering" for version items in table /rpm/item_d but I recommend that you do.

Hope this helps. Regards,

C

S0022314014
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Chatsworth

Great help mate. Yes, we found the version, we found the original item.

Many thanks

Savas

Answers (0)