cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image Variants

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a Image Variant record created in Image Variants Table in Console.

The name of the Variant is "Image Variant for Publication 1".

I attached this variant to a <b>Lookup Image field</b> in the main table.

The name of the field in the main table is Product Image.

I generated the image variants in the Image Manager. I have assigned the images to the products in the main table.

Now I created another Image Variant called "Variant 2".

<u>I am trying to assign this variant also to the same lookup Image field in the main table.</u>

The System is letting me pick either "Image Variant for Publication 1" or "Variant 2".

<b>I want to assign both. Is it a bug or am I missing something?</b>

To test this:

I created Variant 3 and Variant 4.

I am able to assign Variant 1, 2 and 3 to the same field now. The difference is these three are new variants, for which no variants have been created in Image Manager.

Any assistance in this regard is appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adhappan,

I'm I correct in that you are trying to assign these variants to the image field in the Console? It should allow you to assign as many as you would like to each image field. I'm on MDM 5.5 SP04 Patch04 and it is working for me. What version are you on?

Thanks,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Assignment of Variants in the console.

If the variants are new, I am able to assign, any number of them in the console.

But if the variant is NOT new, and some image variants are created in the image manager, and the images have been assigned to products in the Data Manager, then it is not letting me

in the Console, to pick both the old and some new.

The system behaves like all multiple new ones OR the old one.

For fields in the console, for which I am attaching the multiple new ones, it works fine.

Version 5.5 SP4 [5.5.35.16]

null