cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sap universe designer connect to PostgresSQL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am a new guy for SAP..so maybe my question will be phrased no so accurately.

I have a PostgresSQL-9.4 database server . i want to make a connection between Sap universe designer and PG...Is there anyone can tell me this way is feasible..and how to make a connection...i tried to make it through SAP UI tool .but alway failed....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jerry,

Yes it is possible to have connection between PostGresSQl and Designer. Is there an specific error that you are getting when creating connection PostGresSQL?

Depending on the error we could suggest you a better solution?

For the basics you can have ODBC or JDBC connection type. Please refer to below link. Under that look out for PostGres section.

Configuring the BusinessObjects server JDBC drivers - BMC Decision Support - Network Automation 8.2 ...

Regards

Niraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Niraj,

Thanks for your quick response!

Here is the error message. Is that mean i need to install the PG driver and Does this above document solution suitable for the error ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jerry,

Do you have entries for DataFederator in jdbc.sbo file?

Please refer to chapter 3 to get to know how we can do this.

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexi3SP1/en/xi3_sp1_df_releasenotes_en.pdf

After you are done with that please refer to below thread and I believe you should be ok.

Universe connection error on JDBC driver - DF | SCN.

Regards

Niraj

Answers (0)