cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analyze job performance concerning DB access (tables)?

behlau_carlos
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello SAP experts,

is it possible of find out what tables a program had accessed, later on?

I know the classic way, via SM66, SM50, ST04.

(for ST04 I am trying to figure out the session history, but I am having a hard time, to connect the IDs back to the jobs information ...)

But this provides always just a time frame.

When a SAP Job ran (for example) for X hours, we want to analyze afterwards, the run time concerning DB accesses (was index used, did CBO path worked, etc.).

I know, that via transaction ST12 we can trace a transaction and get an overview concerning the programs run times.

But I don't understand, how a active trace, via transaction ST12, would affect system performance overall.

Based on my experience, if for example on developer forgot to disable a work process trace, this can affect system performance.

Therefore I want to cross check, if ST12 trace would/could have similar impact ...

Also I am aware of SAP EarlyWatchReports, but it is not capturing the programs we want to analyze.

Many thanks for your help.

Best regards

Carlos Behlau

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try:
DB02>>Performance>>SQL Statements (Filter on: "Name of the ABAP Report")

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

You can achieve this in following two ways...

1. SE38 --> Report Name --> Utilities --> Environment Analysis --> Select Database tables.

2. SE16 --> D010TAB --> Give the report name and execute.

Will list the tables used by the program.

You also cross verify using FM RS_TABLE_IN_PROGRAMS with table name as input, to check if the table is used by the report or not.

Regards,

Prithviraj.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

manish_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

Please try setting trace on that particular job program through ST01/ST05. You just need to consider if the job runs for a longer period than you should have sufficient space at OS level to store the trace file.

Once the job finishes then you can check the trace and find out which table, indexes etc. that program has used and the different steps (read, processing).

Thanks,

MPS