cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiori Launchpad custom application open error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have developed several custom Fiori applications via WEBIDE and deployed to the Netweaver Gateway. After all the customizing steps and creation of tiles in the Fiori Launchpad Designer, we are facing a strange error when opening the application in the launchpad. We have tried using LPD_CUST and putting directly the app url in the tile definition, both ways don't work however. There isn't any error log in /IWFND/ERROR_LOG. (event with trace level to 3). The error in the browser (IE11, not possible with Chrome due to VPN limitation) inspector says "Error in OData response for POST "/sap/opu/odata/UI2/INTEROP/$batch": HTTP request failed" and "Failed to resolve navigation target: #ZOT-modify - Error in OData response for POST "/sap/opu/odata/UI2/INTEROP/$batch": HTTP request failed sap.ushell.renderers.fiori2.Shell.controller".

By comparing with another gateway configuration, we are pretty sure the customizing of LPD_CUST, system alias and launchpad designer should be correct. We have also tried to clear the cache with different reports and transactions in gateway and ecc.

Anyone could please give us some hints? Thanks in advance.

Here is an example:

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

EkanshCapgemini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I assume you have created the semantic object. In the target mapping screenshot, Desktop, Tablet & Mobile all three checkboxes are not checked which means your tile should not be even visible on these devices and also the intent will not resolve. Please check these boxes and then test to resolve the intent.

Let me summarize the actions needed to perform in order to add a UI5 app on FLPD:

1. In transaction LPD_CUST, create a new Launchpad Role with instance TRANSACTIONAL (if not already present).

2. Add the application as type URL, and providing a base URL like: /sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap/ca_all_apv with an application alias and component name as additional information.

3. Create a catalog in Launchpad Designer.

4. Create a semantic object using transaction: /UI2/SEMOBJ

5. Create a target mapping inside the catalog using the above created semantic object and application in LPD_CUST. Here you can provide LPD_CUST Role, Instance and Application alias. If you don't want to go through LPD_CUST route, you can choose SAPUI5 application radio button and directly enter the title, base URL and Component name.

6. Create a tile using the same semantic object and action in the catalog.

7. Create a new group and add the tile from your catalog into the group.

8. Create a new PFCG role and add catalog and group to that role. Now assign this role to desired users.

You can check if you have followed this process and also assigned the role to the user with which you are testing this. Also please check the desktop, tablet, phone checkboxes as per your scenario.

You can also check your intent using transaction /UI2/FLIA.

Regards,

Ekansh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your help and sorry for my late response.

The three checkboxs are all checked. This is a display issue due to the customer's VPN. I've double checked again all the points you mentioned, which are exactly what we have done in our systems. The transaction you mentioned at the last seems to be very interesting, I'll look into it and return to you. Thanks again.

Best regards,

Zhe

EkanshCapgemini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can also check with point number 5 to directly assign the UI5 app. However I would again ask you to check the PFCG role if it is assigned to your user or not.

Regards,

Ekansh