cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the inspection stock of Material xxxx in QM only - SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have done GR for a PO and moved the material to QI stock (during GR, I have changed the stock type to QI manually)

Later I have activated inspection lot for that material in MM02.

Now I am not able to move the stock from QI to URU using MvT 321. I am getting this error message "Change the inspection stock of Material xxxx in QM only"

I have also tried GR cancellation (MvT 102), GR return (MvT 122) and also MvT 323 etc for all I am getting the same error message.

Anyone please help me how to overcome this error message.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Dear Nagraj,

DO you need inspection lot in this case ?

If you dont need, cancel GR, Make it again & this time Keep QM set up de-activated with do not post to inspection stock tick active. So that you will get the stock directly in unrestricted.

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try issuing this stock to some cost center and then try to deactivate the QM view. Then return the stock back to quality. Check if this is working.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arijit,

At present the stock is in QI stock. How I can issue the material to cost centre from QI stock type?

Thanks

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nagarajan,

Below are some more pointers you can try -

i) Have you tried cancelling material document using MBST? Please check if this is working.

ii) Have you tried to remove the QM check from material master QM view and then tried to cancel the material document created earlier?

iii) Try using MB1A/MvT 201 to check if posting the Q-stock is possible to cost center.

Thanks,

Arijit

patrick_g1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nagarajan,

I guess you cannot deactivate IL within material master right now!?

Have you tried to create a 89 IL for the amterila and do the UD (Accept) for this material?

I would expect that the material will be posted into free stock.

Please ensure upfront that there are no other open IL for this material!

Best regards

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Patrick,

I tried 89 still I am facing the same issue.

Thanks

former_member185453
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you have mentioned that you activated Inspection type in QM view of material management even though there are some quantity in QI, I am sure system would not allow to activate any inspection type if there is any quantity in the QI.

To ensure QM activation for the stock that is already in quality inspection, use Transaction QA08.

- In the initial screen enter relevant plant, material.

- In "Activate Insp. Type" tab tick mark Assign inspection type, Activate Despite Insp. stock.

- Enter Insp. type 08.

Prerequisites:

- In the plant setting: enter 0800 in the field of INSPTYPEFORINSPECTIONSTOCK.

Now do the RR & UD for Insp lot 08.

Regards,

S Ahmed

Message was edited by: Sarfaraz Ahmed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

I tried 08 inspection type, still IL is not getting created for that material. Even I did GR cancellation still I am getting this error message. Any wrong in OMJJ settings? Bcoz normally this error should not come for GR cancellation or GR return.

Any suggestions.

Thanks