cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message processing in IE without an Interface Determination object

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have a message getting failing in mapping on the IE of our PI server for a sender service, ns and interface for a receiver service. To debug the same we tried finding the mapping program by looking up the Interface Determination for the above combination, but we could not find any. However, we found a receiver determination object for this combination, which has no reference to its Interface Determination and Receiver Agreement.

Upon checking the documentation for the interface, we found that the sender interface has been now replaced by another one. Probably for the same reason the ID and RA have been removed for the old interface. Now my question is, if the Interface Determination was removed, how is the message processing able to find the mapping name, when there is no Interface Determination?

P.S. The interface has been disabled since quite some time.

Regards,

Diptee

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member204100
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Diptee,

seeing something in Integration Directory and seeing the message processing in runtime are two things. Of course these are dependent things, but i suspect that maybe the Interface Determination was deleted in Integration Directory, but the object was not deleted from the cache, and so in runtime still the object is available.

- To check this please look into the cache update history in Integration Directory.

- And also check the cache connectivity in SXI_CACHE transaction.

- You might also run a cache connectivity test in RWB / PIMON tools.

Best Regards,

Viktor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Viktor,

The interface determination has been removed way back in 2015, will the cache tests help now? I still checked all the above and it seems all fine, I tried finding the mapping program in the Java Cache and I do not find it there. The mapping program being picked up is also not present in ESR.

Regards,

Diptee

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you share the SXMB_MONI Trace where the mapping is being picked up?

Also share the Header information from SXMB_MONI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bhavesh,

Here is the trace

Here is the header info

I am afraid I have to hide a lot of details , so not sure how helpful will this be. But I am sure the mapping is getting picked in the trace and it is for this combination of service:interface:namespace.

Also, the mapping programs picked by the pipeline, do not exist in ESR.

Regards,
Diptee

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Diptee,

For the combination of Sender Service/Interface/Namespace, can you check if there is just 1 Receiver Determination or multiple? It could be a case where there are virtual receivers defined in the receiver determination.

If there is just the one Receiver Determination that you have already identified, which does not have Interface Determination assigned to it,

• Like Viktor has told it could be a deleted object that was never activated. So the cache still has the object as Active.
  • You can try to re-create the Interface Determination for this object, does it complaint that it already exists? If it complaints, then this object could be in one of the user's changelist.
  • If it allows you to create the Interface Determination, then just create the same, and save it ( Do not activate ). And then check its History, maybe that has some pointers to it.

In all likeliehood, I think it is a case of Interafce Determination being deleted and the deleted object still in someone's change list and never activated.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bhavesh,

In case of the Sender Service/Interface/NS combination we have, we find the below receiver determinations in ID

Since, our scenario does not involve the use of a sender party, I believe the first entry in the above list matches the Sender Service/Interface/NS combination.

Please correct me if I am wrong here.

Also, about the object being locked in someone else, since I am looking at the Production system here, I guess I will need to test this message in Dev, if the message fails before mapping step I can then conclude on the locking of the object on someone else's changelist .

Regards,

Diptee

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The object you are looking at seems right.

With regards to checking this - You need to check this in Production. What I would do is - Search for all Open Change lists in Production of all Users and then see if any of them contains this Interface Determination.

Checking in Development will not help until the same occurs in Development as well.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bhavesh,

Currently, I am checking this in the Production environment and this object is not present in any of the open changelists. What could be the reason in this case?

Regards,

Diptee

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry out of answers. I would say - create Interface Determination in Production - Do not activate this just save the same and then check the history.

If this object was ever present in your landscape its history would then be populated and you should be able to understand what happens..

Regards

Bhavesh