cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Communication Chanel Cache after updating certificate in NWA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have a IDOC to SOAP scenario which was working fine from last 4-5 years, The SOAP receiver channel uses certificate based authentication of which the certificate got expired on 14th.

The new certificate was shared by third party and was uploaded in TrustedCA's by our BASIS team. We have updated the certificate name in our channel as well. Below is the screenshot for the same.

After updating the certificate messages are failing in adapter engine with Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: java.io.IOException: invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/PLAIN; HTTP 403 Forbidden error.

Also when we go to the SOAP Receiver channel in ID and click on Communication Channel->Display Cache status it shows that cache is obsolete.

We have already tried refreshing cache(sxi_cache),full cache refresh(with the URL), and we have also take a Java stack restart, But still below status shows as obsolete. We have updated the certificate in channel on 26th so in the below screenshot the date and time is correct. The one which is obsolete is showing 19th.

Have any one faced similar issue? Also in the above screenshot we have a option to perform CUT operation(scissor symbol). Have any one of you used that option ever.

P.S.: We are on SAP PI 7.1

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help, The issue is resolved. PI configuration was fine, there was some issue with third party allowing network from our PI system.

apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Akshat,

Its good to here that your problem is solved. Please close the blog that may help others later.

Thanks,

Apu

apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Akshat,

Can you please check once with xpi inspector.

Thanks,

Apu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Apu,

I am in touch with BASIS team for the trace, I will update you as soon as I have the trace.

Regards,

Akshat Saluja

former_member204100
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Akshat,

the "Unknown (Could not be determinded)" cache instance does not look good.

For me it seems that there is something wrong with the registration of the PI technical systems in SLD. Please check this one first. If the registration is incorrect, than the cache updates will fail too.

Note: 1117249 - Incomplete Registration of PI components in SLD

Also execute the cache connectivity test in RWB to see more detailed error about the cache refresh problem. - Also afterwards look into the default trace files of the PI server nodes. These may contain further error traces to understand why this error is happening.

Best Regards,

Viktor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Viktor,

I have already performed RWB cache test and it is successful.

For registration part, can you please elaborate a bit, I mean how to check if the technical components are correctly registered or not?

Regards,

Akshat Saluja