cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple SLDs in landscape

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working in a project with multiple slds, there are three slds, one for dev, one for qas and one for prod

I have to do transport from DEV to QAS.

1) where should I create transport target? I have three SLDs, in DEV or QAS or PROD?

2) the swcv that I created are only in SLD DEV, should I import them to both QAS SLD and PROD SLD?

3) the business sytem of PI DEV is only in DEV SLD, business system of PI QAS is only in QAS SLD and finally the business system of PI PROD is only in PROD SLD. should all the sbuiness systems shoulf be available in all three slds

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have done the export of ESR objects

1) My SWCV had some RFCs in it. I transported them also PI QAL. Should RFCs be instead imported from ECC QAL?

How do I transport ID objects?

2)I have a business system and business component? Do I have to transport them one after the other?

3) I have fifteen integration scenarios and 26 com channels. Can I transport all of them in one shot?

Regrds

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1 - If it is a standard RFC no RFC transports required. For a z RFC this will be an ECC transport out of the purview of PI transports. PI ESR should have the RFC transported so you are right.

2- you can do a export import of all objects in one shot but in this case as this is a first time transport I would save : transport business systems and business components first so that you can confirm that the transport target mapping is working. Subsequently you can export import all remaining objects in a single shot or you can split it into multiple tpz files if you want to segregate by scenario.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh

Thanks a lot for the patience

I have done the entire transport and all working fine.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun,

The approach is -

1. Create separate Product.SWCV,TS and BS in DEV , QA and PROD system.

2. Then export DEV components from DEV system and download the zip file.

Now import this to QA and PROD system.

3. In BS under transport tab assign target system as per your transport route.

Thanks,

Apu

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) In QAS and PROD

2) Yes

3) If your transport route is always DEV > QAS and DEV > PROD, then you only need PI DEV Business system in both QAS and PROD. This is required for you to be able to do item (1) above.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Eng

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, my rpute is like that only, always De - Qal, and then qal -- prod

I have two more doubts

1) Right now I have to transport from DEV to QAS only, so I have to create transport target only in QAL SLD, right?

2) the business system that they created for ECQ in qal is not linked to the PO business system. can it be edited and added ?

And by PI Dev business system, you mean both  the business systems of DEV ECC and DEV PI, right

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1 - Yes

2 - Yes you can edit the business system and add it to the PO QA Group.

3 - Yes.

Regards

Bhavesh

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun,

1) Create the transport targets in DEV SLD

For ex: In Dev you have business systems Test_D / Test_Q / Test_P.

For Test_D set the transport target group - QA  and transport target as Test_Q

Test_Q set the transport target group - Prod and transport target as Test_P

2) I hope you have created technical and business systems for ECC system in PI SLD.

we don't need to link ECC business to PO business system both are unique.

ALE /IDOC configuration will be used to set-up connection between PO and ECC systems.

Refer the below blog for the detailed procedure to be followed for SLD transports

SAPTechnical.COM - Transporting objects in PI

Regards

Bhargava Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh

The technical system and business sytems of PI DEv and ECC Dev are not there in QAL SLD.

Can I export them ( PI and ECC TS and BS) from SLD DEV to laptop and then export them from laptop to SLD QAL.

This is the only blocking step

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, this can be done.

Once this is done, you would need to create a group for Dev and assign this to the corresponding Development Group.

What is your long term SLD strategy btw?

What version of PI are you on?

I would suggest you enable SLD auto synchronization to enable this for the long term.,

Regards

Bhavesh

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes. you can. export only technical systems from Dev and import into QA sld. you can manually create the business system in QA SLD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I didn't understand about long term strategy

I am in PO 7.4 SP 12, single stack

I will check that, auto synchronization

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Typically you do not have separate SLD's for each PI system in your landscape. It beats the entire purpose of a SLD. You have a common / shared SLD - one for production and one for non-production environments.

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree with Bhavesh. The following blog mentions a similar approach, which is what we have in our landscape as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI BHavesh

I imported all the TS and BS to SLD QAS

Now when I try to edit the BS of QAL and add the PO QAL business sytem and relatd integraton server, I am able to see only PO DEV, not PO QAL

Or am I editing at wrong place

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello, sorry I am unable to understand,. Can you please elaborate?

Regards

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello, sorry I am unable to understand,. Can you please elaborate?

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am in QAL SLD.

They have created a business system for ECQ in SLD QAL. The related integrated server is none in that. I want to link it with the PO QALITY.

When I edit the business system of ECQ, I am not seeing the Businsss system for PO QAL, I can only see PO DEV in the drop down menu

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
  • Open your QA PO Business System
  • Go to Tab Integration
  • Under Group -> Select Edit Groups
  • Create New Group
  • Call it QAS and select your QA PO Business System Name,

Now your ECC QA System should have the Related Integration Server option also showing up the QAS Group.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also make sure that the PO QAS Business system has Role as Integration Server

apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There should have an BS for your Quality Integration server correspond to QA TS for your QA PI system like below -