cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IBP-PA activation error while configuring Supply scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am getting the following errors while activating the planning area after setting up Master Data and KFs for Supply Planning.

E - Failed to create calculation scenario "SAPSOPG100"."SOPT02PAT02PA"

E - An exception was raised.

E - SQL Message: column store error: fail to create scenario:  [34011] Inconsistent calculation model;CalculationNode (6_28) -> attributes -> calculatedAttribute (CAPADEMAND) -> expression:Expression is not valid: Evaluator: syntax error in expression string;expected TK_ID,parsing 'fixed([here]= SUM( "CAPADEMAND$S" ), 12, 6)',Details (Errors):

- CalculationNode (6_28) -> attributes -> calculatedAttribute (CAPADEMAND) -> expression: Expression is not valid: Evaluator: syntax error in expression string;expected TK_ID,parsing 'fixed([here]= SUM( "CAPADEMAND$S" ), 12, 6)'.

- CalculationNode (7_33) -> attributes -> calculatedAttribute (CAPAOVERLOADALERT) -> expression: Expression is not valid: Evaluator: syntax error in expression string;expected TK_ID,parsing 'fixed([here]= IF("CAPADEMAND" > "T01CAPASUPPLY", 1, 0), 12, 6)'.

- CalculationNode (2_15) -> attributes -> calculatedAttribute (T01CAPACONSUMPTION) -> expression: Attribute 'sum' is missing in node 2_15.

- CalculationNode (2_13) -> attributes -> calc

The 3rd error indicates that there is a syntax error in KF- CAPADEMAND & CAPAOVERLOADALERT.

However, I could not locate the error in the KF calculation definitions. The screenshots for the same are as follows:

1) CAPADEMAND

2) CAPAOVERLOADALERT

Am I missing something here? or this there some other reason for behind the errors.

Thanks,

Diwakar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Does PERLOCRES have any attributes that are not available in PERPRODLOCRES?

Usually that is root cause for such kind of messages:

You add afterwards soem new attributes to the e.g. the location and forget to inlcude that into all planing levels. Than te cross-level calculation does not work properly any more

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Irmi,

PERPRODLOCRES is a more granular level and has additional attribute 'Product', not available in PERLOCRES planning Level.

Basically I want to aggregate the CAPADEMAND at Product-Location-Resource to get CAPADEMAND at Location-Resource  level.

Then this CAPADEMAND at Location-Resource level will be used in another Alert key figure to compare it with CAPASUPPLY at Location-Resource Level.

Thanks,

Diwakar S.

Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I am fully aware of the requirement 🙂

I have seen that error mesasge a lot of times, and nearly in all cases it was that the left side of the calculation has some information that the right side could not provide

This situation very easily comes when you have a lot of attributes.

So you have to check if there are any attributes on the LEFT side = PERLOCRES that are not in the more granular level, even if the root information is more granular on the right than on the left side

That can only be attributes to Period, to Location and to Ressource

If you are sure that is not the case, maybe the system has still some faulty entries in the backnd that are wrong. As the KF seems not to be used anywhere else, you may try to delete it, activate, and re-create it - as last hope...

Cheers

Irmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Irmi,

Thanks for the reply.

I checked the attribute assignment to both the planning levels and both are identical for (Period, Location and Resource).

• PERLOCRES

• PERPRODLOCRES

I also tried the second alternative i.e. re-creating the KF, but I am still getting this error.

thanks,

Diwakar

Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Not sure if there is a blank after the SUM?

That would be the only last thing I can imagine before opening OSS ticket

0 Kudos

Please send the screen shots of all your planning levels in addition to above.  Perprodcust perprodloccust etc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Irmi,

The last thing solved the issue .

I re-wrote the calculation scenario without space after SUM and the issue got resolved. It was a syntax error, but the error message threw us on the wrong track

Thanks for your valuable inputs.

cheers,

Diwakar

Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor

Well, the system recognized an assignment between two different leveln WITHOUT the sum,
so it seemed to be a 1:1 relation

That would explain the misleading message but technically understandeable message.

Good to have it up and running!

Irmi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

yeushengteo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

There is a = sign in front of the SUM?

Regards.

YS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi YS,

Thanks for your reply and indeed, I had missed the additioal "=" in calculation definition.

However, now when I give the following calculation definition, I am getting an error stating that "Output Planning Level should match with Input planning Level"

CAPADEMAND@PERLOCRES = SUM ("CAPADEMAND@PERPRODLOCRES" )

The reason for putting this calculation definition is that CAPADEMAND@PERLOCRES will be used in calculation of capacity overload alert which is defined at PERLOCRES level.

Any pointers towards its resolution will be appreciated.

thanks,

Diwakar S.