cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HA-ALE distribution for PPM resources and business partner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have PPM 610 in a stand alone landscape. We have HR in an other system. In order to be able to manage resources within PPM, we need ALE distribution from HR.

I understood that this ALE will create Business Partner (for persons and organizations).

My question is : will this ALE create also HR persons (personal Master data, infotypes, ...) within PPM ??? Witch suppose that we need HR-PA customizing in PPM system !!!!

Thanks a lot for your answer.

Best regards,

Dali

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

francesco_pezzoli
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Dali,

Once you configure integration, this will take care of distributing all the relevant data from the personnel infotypes in your HCM system to the Business Partner data in PPM. However please note that if the PPM system is standalone, it will not have HR customizing or transactions, so you are not transferring the actual infotypes themselves.

The Configuration Guidelines for PPM state:

In Project Management, employees are represented as business partners in the role of employee, that is, each time you transfer employees' master data from the SAP HCM system, a corresponding business partner is created or updated for each employee in the target system (Project Management).

In addition, the employees' organizational assignment and qualifications profiles are transferred to the Project Management system via ALE.

Take the example of business partner availability: you need to configure the integration so that the data for the infotypes for availability and absences are used to populate the table with Business Partner availability in PPM when the data is distributed via ALE. PPM does not read this data directly from the personnel infotypes.

The steps for carrying out integration are explained in detail in the IMG documentation for the relevant customizing nodes in SPRO (see the nodes under "SAP Portfolio and Project Management" > "Project Management" > "Resource Management" > "Business Partner"). Additional information is contained in the Configuration Guidelines for PPM (e.g. see chapter "Distributing SAP HCM Master Data via ALE to Project Management").

Best regards
Francesco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Francesco for your helpful answer.

OK for persons transformed in BP.

If you mind, what about Organizational structures ? They are needed in PPM. Are they also created by the ALE ? Are they created as BP (role organazation) ? Or are they created as HR master date wich mean we need HR custo in PPM.

My HR colleague is worried about all this and she is convinced that we have to create persons and also Organizational structure within HR in the PPM System !

Thank you very much in advance for you help.

Best regards,

Dali

francesco_pezzoli
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can confirm that also the organizational structure is distributed by the ALE. My understanding is that these are created in the same tables as the business partners (sorry but I am not an HCM expert so I cannot be more detailed about this). What I do know is that if you are running PPM standalone, this information is coming from the HCM system and does not need to be customized extra in PPM.

I think the following statement from SAP Note 363187 may be interesting for your colleague (this note does not mention PPM but provides some general information about how this data is distributed from an HR to a non-HR system):

You must basically make a distinction as to whether the target system is an R/3 System (HR, FI, LO, IBU solutions) or whether it belongs to the mySAP.com components (CRM, BBP/EBP, SEM). The mySAP.com components contain the object 'Employees' within another data model. Transactions such as the HR master data maintenance (PA30) do not exist.

Note 550055 also provides detailed information about the integration of HR master data (organizational model and employee) with the business partner (in the roles of employee and organizational unit). Again this note does not specifically mention PPM, but the same applies to PPM as to the application areas mentioned in the note.

Best regards
Francesco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Francesco,

Thanks a lot. My HR colleague will be happy 🙂

She has just a last question please : do you have feedback about effort needed to implement the ALE ? Is it 1 or 2 days or rather 10 days ? Our HR is full standard.

Best regards,

Dali

francesco_pezzoli
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Dali,

I think your colleague may have to plan more than a couple of days in order to configure and carry out this distribution, as it does involve quite a few steps.

By the way, I had failed to mention the following WIKI blog in my earlier reply, which also provides an overview of the main steps:

Integration of cProjects and HR - Product Lifecycle Management - SCN Wiki

Best regards
Francesco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Francesco for your precious help.

All is now clear :-).

Best wishes,

Dali

Answers (0)