cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad Value for the field in multi source IDT universe mysql

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working on a mysql based multi source universe.The environment is BO 4.1 sp6 and this universe is built from scratch.

There are few description objects in mysql 5 database which have been defined as long text in universe and database.

The objects works fine while testing them in IDT however when i try to use them in webi the refresh fails with error:

The following database error occurred(CS) "unexpected behavior".IES 10901 WIS 10901 Bad value for the Field

I know this is due to the database driver and the objects works fine when i do a substring to populate only 40 chars of the description field however i would like to populate all the text.

I am not able to convert or cast the object or make use of BLOB object as it is bnot supported by webi

Regards

Kishore

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This seems to be an issue also when using CLOB in Oracle DB. Also similar error occurs in SQL Server when using a calculated field such as Cast("TABLENAME"."long_T" as varchar(200)) and the column returns more than 40 rows. As per SAP Note 2075347, the issue has been fixed in 4.1 SP06 but I guess you are already on SP06 and still facing issue.

I would advice to raise a Support ticket with SAP. Meanwhile, as a very crude workaround and if you know that the length of data going to be returned from the field is not very huge for majority of the rows returned, you can use concatenation of many substring of 40 chars within the Object definition.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In universe parameters, there is an option as 'Limit size of long object to' option.

Can you check for the same in business layer parameters?

As far as I am aware the limit is 65000 characters.

Can you check the length of the values in the column in case It is a long text column?

If it is less than 65000 then you can search for the option, try setting the desired value and check.

Or simply uncheck that option and check.

Regards,

Yuvraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

In IDt i am not able to find this option.Could you let me know where can i find the 'Limit size of long object to' option.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is NOT a parameter inside Universe Parameters.

Actually in UDT, it is available on File --> Parameters --> Control tab.

Need to check where this option exist in IDT.

Regards,

Yuvraj