cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change password of the user created by SLT Config

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

My SLT was working well until my workmate changed the password of the user automatically created by the SLT configuration.

As we all know, each SLT configuration will create a use in HANA automatically. But we don't know the default password of it.

My workmate changed the password due to some policy standardization

But after changing the password, no tables could be replicated successfully.

If we start a table replication, the status will stay "Scheduled" all the time.

And what's more confusing is that the Running Transfer Jobs in Administration Data tab of the configuration turned to 0.

We have 3 configurations. we did the same thing and get the same result. so confusing!

So my questions:

1. Anyone once faced similar scenario? How to resolve above issue ? Do I need to restart the SLT server?

2. what's the default password of the user created automatically by SLT configuration?

Regards,

Chong

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

You need to update the changed password in DBCO for that SLT configuration. After updating the password in DBCO, test the connection using the report ADBC_TEST_CONNECTION.

I dont think there is a default password for the user created automatically by SLT configuration, it generates with some random password, which we would not know. What I do generally is, as soon as the user is created by SLT configuration, I change the password and update it in DBCO for that configuration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanan,

thanks for your reply and it helped.

Regards,

Chong

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member252769
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chong,

When you are creating configuration the 2 users are associated with your configuration HANA.

- DB user (which you initially used)

- replication user (same name as configuration/schema name)

If password of any user changed, then you have to go to tcode DBCO and change the password.

You have to find the associated connection with your configuration.

For DB user password change - Change in connection name "<mass id>:R:C"

example- if mass id is 3 then the connection name would be 003:R:C

For replication user password change - Change in connection name "<mass id>:R:R"

example- if mass id is 3 then the connection name would be 003:R:R

Your question -

1. just change the passwords and then you can see thel jobs will be started.

2. password for replication user set by the LTRS system.

Regards

BJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BJ,

Thank you for your reply. You are so warm and helpful all the time.

There is not that much information about SLT on the internet, let alone some advanced knowledge.

In China, not too many projects are using SLT. I feel alone and have to study myself.

Hope every threads I posted are clear enough to understand.

Thanks again for all of your help!

Regards,

Chong

former_member252769
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Cheers mate...

you can ask anytime...just give a shout...

Regards