cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SEND Mail Adapter CSV->to->RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dear!

I need to create a interface to get a CSV attachment from Mail, transform and send to RFC adapter.

Following the CC configuration on Attachment 1.

I'm facing the following error when the CC start to working, see Attachment 2.

Please, could you help me go through this?

Thanks a lot!

Patricia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Following my solution for this issue....

This  configuration channel is responsible to transform your .csv attachment in XML. The XML structure is defined in : xml.fieldnames  - xml.documentname and xml.structureTitle.

After this, in the mapping, must to create a JAVA code to read this XML and transform in text or any other thing you need.

That's it!

Thanks for the support!!

Patricia

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for the replies!

The PI version is 7.3 Single Stack.

The only avaliable information into PIMON is on Adapter Engine;  When I click in the message there isn´t log to explain something important for analisys. It has been difficult to figure out what can be happening.

The only thing I know with this miserable log is that CC find the mail server, try to catch but it can't do it. I tried makes work with an email without attachment, but the error is the same. Doesn´t matter what I change in CC, the error log is the same.

Single stack is a new way to work for me, I don´t know if there is other way to find these logs, or if there is a basis configuration to do. I don´t know. The attachment bellow is the screen shown when I open the Adapter engine error log and there is nothing.

As I said, there is no message on Message Monitor, only this in Adapter Engine...

I found a place that it is possible understand better the error using (host:port/nwa/logs), and the message presented is the follow:

Please, could you help me how to take this email attachment, transform to XML to send to RFC?

Any others tips are very welcome for me.

Thanks a lot!

Paty

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patricia

The error in NWA logs basically means that the sender adapter was able to retrieve the email, but when creating a message in the messaging system, it failed at the Interface Determination step.

Single stack pipeline works a bit differently from dual stack, so the transaction is rolled back due to the failure, and as such there is no message seen in Message Monitor. For dual stack, after the sender adapter generates the message, it is persisted in the Java stack, then passed on to the ABAP stack for further processing (RD, ID, etc), therefore even when the error is at the Interface Determination step, you can see an available message.

For your case, I'd suggest you develop the scenario step by step:-

i) Configure a passthrough scenario from Email to File as a POC. This will allow you to see the actual content as well as the values set in Dynamic Configuration. You need all this info in order to configure the modules correctly.

ii) Once that works, slowly add one module at a time and test it out before adding the next module.

Regards

Eng Swee

apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I cant see any FCC configuration in Module parameter for your CSV. Are you planning to send it as a attachment or want to put it into RFC parameters.

If in RFC parameter then you should have Module configuration to convert the csv into XML.

Thanks,

Apu

former_member204100
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Patricia,

definitely more detailed logs - for example the relevant default trace - could help here.

Please also check if you set the "Adapter-Specific Message Properties" as it is described in this documentation:

Adding MultipartHeaderBean in the Module Processor

-->

"

When you use this module with sender mail adapter, select Set Adapter-Specific Message Properties and Variable Transport Binding in the  Advanced tab page.

These attributes are added to dynamic configuration in the following name format:

part[Attachment_No].Attribute_Name

For example, part[0].Content-Type

Attachment_No starts from 0.

"

Best Regards,

Viktor

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patricia

Your scenario is very similar to the following thread. Without repeating myself here, can you please provide screenshots of the attachment names and dynamic configuration section as mentioned in my response in the other thread.

Re: Mail to File scenerio

Please also provide your PI version, single or dual stack, and SP level.

Regards

Eng Swee

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patricia,

Can you please provide the screenshot of error log, click on the message id in the screenshot Atta2 and provide the screenshot.

regards,

Harish