Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rfc to soap synchronous

PS23
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

POC on rfc to soap synchronous is created wherein we have dummy import parameters and no export parameters in the RFM.

PI 7.31, here we have wsdl where we only hav request and response element with no structure attach to it.-picture below for reference.

Testing with soap ui gave the response HTTP 200 ok but . After sorting out different errors  in PI the current error faced is

Target url in soap receiver which is asked to use takes us to the portal homepage. I doubt if the wsdl (seeing the structure)and target url is correct ?

Pls provide inputs on the same.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

PS23
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

The issue was resolved with below workaround:

1. Correct set of certificates were installed

2.Firewall rule was  created between third party and PI

@Bhavesh: URL was correct , as the soap ui testing was done using the wsdl extracted from ID. NOw the wsdl actually refers to 2 xsds so when we imported wsdl in PI it did not referenced both and hence wsdl in PI seems to be incorrect.

But when testing again in SOAP ui with not wsdl from PI but exracted wsdl from url provided by third party was done it gave same certificate error which was rectified using correct certificates.

Now am working of making wsdl in correct format by including both the xsd in it in PI.

Thanks

PS23
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks all for answering

pls find the soap uiresponse enclosed

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The response is a HTML Webpage from SOAP UI. Do not SOAP Protocol demands transmission of XML. This is why there is an issue from PI.

Please check with the Webservice provider as to why they return this HTML page for the request you are sending.

My guess is : The URL you are hitting is not even a Webservice URL and a Plain HTTP URL.

Regards

Bhavesh

PS23
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Bhavesh

Yea even I have pointed the same to the client that am doubtful of url.

Also as I mentioned the url takes to some home page rather to any webservice.

Thanks

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello SAP PI,

Also check for the correct soap action.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello, I just noticed that this thread has been marked "Assumed Answered". In my opinion this is an in correct statement as the error was definitely a error on your webservice side which returned a HTML response as was pointed previously.

Please do make sure you mark your threads with the correct status to ensure that it is more searchable and content on SCN is cleaner!

Regards

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You SOAP UI Response screen shot not only has a HTTP 200 but it has a HTML Response content.

SOAP protocol demands your response is a XML and not HTML. Can you check why you receive a HTML Response in your Webservice.

That could be the reason why PI is failing as well.

Regards

Bhavesh

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your first screenshot, can you paste the text on the right side (response)?

Regards,

Mark

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry Mark i did not see your response. My response is inline with what you have recommended

Regards

Bhavesh

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello SAP PI,

Might be your WSDL is not well formatted,It should look same like the one in the SOAP UI tool.Try re-importing the WSDL

And check the below link as well