cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing SAP GUI 7.4, but Bus Explorer component is 7.3

0 Kudos

We're upgrading SAP GUI 7.3 to  SAP GUI 7.4. When checking the components after the installation, the SAP GUI says its 7.4, but SAP Business Explorer says its version is 7.3. Should Bus Explorer also say 7.4 or is it okay the way it is with different versions?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello James,

That would be correct.

If you refer to the BD_NW_7.0_Presentation_7.40_Comp._2_\PRES1 readme file it shows:

SAP Frontend Package 7.40 Compilation 2

=============================================

SAP Frontend Package 7.40 Compilation 2 contains the following SAP Frontend products:

Product                     Version                 Release State      Patchlevel

GUI                         7.40                        Final          5

SCM                         5.0                         Final          Patched as part of SAP GUI - see note 976379 for details

BI                          7.x                         Final          SP03_300

KW                          7.40                        Final          1

SEM                         6.0                         Final          Patched as part of SAP GUI - see note 976379 for details

Screenreader Extensions     -                           Final          41

SAPSprint                   7.40                        Final          7

SAPPDFPrint                 7.40                        Final          1

SAP Console                 7.30                        Final          3

NetWeaver Business Client   5.0                         Final          8

Best Regards,

Jude

0 Kudos

Thank you Judy. I did read that information before sending my question, but I guess I was looking for  SAP Business Explorer 7.3 instead of BI 7x SP3...

So were you saying yes to that its okay to go with BI 7x SP3 / SAP Bus Exp 7.3 in SAP GUI 7.4?

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello James,

Yes, that should be fine.

You can always update your installation server by using patch 8 (this will update your SAPgui installation server to compilation 3) which will have the updated components in it. You can also patch your installation server with the updated BI components should you wish to.

Regards.

Jude

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello James,

Compilation 3 DVD download of the 7,40 has just been released.

It contains BI 7.40 patch 500

Your recommended solution in this case is to update your Installation server to the new compilation

Run nwsapsetupadmin.exe and select update server and point it to the newly downloaded and extracted compilation 3

DVD

Best Regards,

Jude

Derek_Fox
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi James

The Business Explorer version should be 7.4 to match the SAP GUI 7.4 version. I would guess that the upgrade to SAP GUI 740 was not 100% successfully in your case for various reasons.

I would recommend the following:

1. Uninstall the SAP GUI 7.4 and Business Explorer components, including any additional SAP Front-End components.

2. Then Install the SAP GUI 7.4 (Compilation 2) using the the "SetupAll.exe" application and choosing the SAP GUI and Business Explorer components including any additional components.

Note:

• When installing the SAP GUI use the SAP GUI 7.4 Compilation 2 set of software. If you are using a SAP GUI Installation server to deploy the SAP GUI, you will have to rebuild/setup the server with Compilation 2 because if you use an earlier version of the SAP GUI 7.4 and upgrade it to the latest version, it does not work correctly if you have both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of SAP BusinessObjects Analysis for Office included - the GUI install server cannot distinguish between the 32 or 64 bit version. The SAP Development team helped me figure this issue out when I logged a call at the beginning of this year, is to use a new install server with Compilation 2.instead.
  • From Compilation 2 (SAP GUI 7.4 SP5) SAP removed some legacy software which does cause some issues in a SAP ERP system (some transactions crash with an ABAP error), to resolve these issues you have to install the SAP Script Legacy Text Editor. (search in the downloads using the following search term "sap script legacy")

• If required, you can also install the old Engineering Client Viewer 7.0 as well (search for ECL viewer in software downloads)

3. Then apply the SAP Script Legacy Text Editor Update

4. Then apply the SAP BI 7.4 SP5 patch 500 update

5.. Then Apply the SAP GUI 7.4 SP8 update

Once you've installed the software, the versions should be as follows:

Windows > Control Panel > Programs and Features

SAP GUI

Business Explorer

Additional Notes:

• For Windows 10 or Windows Server 2012 R2 support,
    • use SAP GUI 740 Compilation 2 or greater (SP5+)
  • For Microsoft Office 2016 support,
    • use SAP GUI 740 Compilation 2 or greater (SP5+)
    • If you are using SAP BusinessObjects Analysis, use version 2.2 SP2 Patch 1

Regards

Derek