cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Key is not unique in collection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Another unique error message ;-0) - it's good to be back.

Your search - site:scn.sap.com "Identity Management" "Key is not unique in collection" - did not match any documents.

So we discovered recently (7.2 sp10) that if an approval PVO reaches its IdM timeout the 'lead privilege' is going to status Rejected (mcexecstate=2) but the linked privileges in the group are hanging at Pending (mcexecstate=512).

When looking at the provisioning framework to troubleshoot the error, on the Decline Task in the Approval Task group, shared across the Decline and Timeout nodes, we get this error -

"Key is not unique in collection

Key="

The initial T value is the task itself, then what follows is the path up to the root folder.

In our case this task is used in a few places, as you can see from the Links tab (I have scrolled down for brevity here, there is a good bit above this):

The fun part is that you get pop-up for each place the task is re-used (I think), each time you navigate back to the task node, whichever instance of it you choose. For me that's 12 prompts...lovely. I mapped all of the tasks and their locations and they look unique to me according to MXP_TASKS:

17 unique values across the 12 prompts, and in this query, I get 17 results.

select * from mxp_tasks where taskid in (

1002214)

;

Does this prove the tasks are unique?

In mxpv_tasklink I see 25 places the task 1002523 is linked to.

So - anyone seen this and know how it occurs? I will be recreating the task, disabling the erroring version and relinking the new clean task into the structure in the meantime. Same issue in Production as in Development.

Thanks for reading,

Andy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lambert-giese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Andy,

I think your problem concerns the links to this task, not the task itself. The links are stored in mxp_tasklnk. Can you rule out that you have inadvertently created a cyclic relationship, i.e. there's a link path from this task that leads back to itself?

mxp_audit.msg would give a hint during execution if that's the case ("Cycle detected" or something), at least on MSSQL.

The "key is not unique" message comes from MMC, it's a tool problem and not the root cause. If you have found the root cause but can't resolve it from MMC due to this annyoing popups, you may need to delete the offending link from mxp_tasklnk using SQL directly (mxmc_admin has write permissions).

Best regards,

Lambert

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ole_k_rosberg
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

I was able to reproduce this and as it turns out it looks to be a bug in the MMC when using the same task in more than one of the nodes of the approval task.

The only workaround I have found is to create a copy of the task in the different nodes.

The same seems to be valid for switch tasks.

Regards,

Ole K.

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andy!

Not much of a PVO person, so I'm going to punt on this one and say, proceed directly to OSS Note, do not collect £200. (I'm assuming it's £200 in UK Monopoly )

Matt