cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Context based adaptation not working for Material Master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sdners,

I am trying to create a adaptation where based on Material Type ( ROH) I am trying to hide Purchasing tab and change the UIBB name for Sales.

Scenario is User will Click on Create Material -> Enter Material No.  and Select CR Type

User will be directed to Material Create screen.

Here in Basic data user will select Material Type  = ROH,

Ideally based on adaptation Purchasing tab should disappear but it is not.

Adaptations are not working.

I am wondering when does adaptation trigger i.e. when user select material type (ROH) and hit enter during this time?

Kindly help ,its quite urgent.

Regards,

Neethu Joy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member201266
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neetu,

If I got it right then you are hiding the UIBB at Main Page level under UIBB properties/attributes, if yes, then try opening the Purchase Org UIBB and adapt that as well. That is under PO UIBB while Adaptation you will have an Hide UIBB check box, select it and provide the required Material type as filter condition and save it, that should help.

Please let us know otherwise.

Cheers,

Cherry.

former_member209780
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Neethu,

To find out if the issue is with the CBA or the time your are giving the material type, I would suggest first make a derivation such that material type is automatically changed to ROH for your change request type. Or you can also set material type as one of the UI config parameters and try. That will narrow down your issue.

Regards

Goutham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Goutham,

Thanks a ton for your reply.

When you say set material type as one of the UI config parameter ,what does that mean since we are using standard UI config  for Material Type.i.e.

Web Dynpro Application: MDG_BS_MAT_OVP

Application Confirguration is BS_MAT_OVP_05

Where and how should I set the parameter for Material Type.

Regards,

Neethu Joy

former_member209780
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Neethu,

You can actually hardcode the material type in the BS_MAT_OVP_05 configuration parameters if you make a deep copy of standard UI, but for standard UI you can only set material type parameter when you call the application from NWBC or your favourites. Anyway how is it working if you enter the material type ROH in the initial screen where you enter change request type, is the CBA coming up in next screen?

Regards

Goutham