cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will system generate material document during relase of the inspection lot created during GR using 107 movement type

0 Kudos

Hello,

we have a business requirement where the purchase orders that are sent out to vendors will be received at a third party vendor.

The third party vendor will perform the 107 posting at their location and if the material is a QM active then system would automatically create a Inspection lot. In order to release the inspection lot we will post the stock to GR blocked and release the LOT.

But during this step the system is not creating any material document of movement type 321.

As per my understanding this 321 movement type material document will be created when we post the stock from quality to Unrestricted.

But our case is when we release the Inspection lot that is created during 107 posting, system should create a material document or any reference document which can be sent to the third party vendor system for reference.

Can you please let me know if there is any way we could actually do this in standard SAP?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

The 3rd party person who actually receives the material from the actual vendor( Vendor in the PO) will perform the GR at his location using 107 movement type in SAP.
So if the material that is received is a Quality Material then system would automatically create an inspection lot at 3rd party vendor's location. Once the inspection lot is released then they will ship the material to our location(Actual location where material will be used) so that we use 109 mvt type and post the GR document. As the Quality inspection is already finished at 3rd party vendor location system wouldn't create any inspection lot at our location.

so our requirement is whenever the 3rd party vendor release the inspection lot at their location in SAP, system should trigger an IDOC with the inspection results which will be sent through SAP PI to 3rd party vendor's Non-sap system.

This we are actually trying through a code change as I don't think there is any standard sap setting which would solve our requirement..

Thanks..

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

I believe you should  double check with the document I suggested earlier, and make MvT 107 not to create inspection lot, but ensure MvT 109 is creating Inspection Lots. That should fix your problem.

Thanks,

Arijit

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any reason this just can't be done with a source inspection?

You create the PO, send it out.  An inspection lot is created, the vendor comes in and records the results on the source inspection lot.  Your QA people aprove the inspection lot.  You use a follow-up action to create the IDOC andand send it to the vendor's external system.

The material shows up and you do a standard GR of the material.  If the source inspection lot failed, no receit would be allowed.  If it passes, GR is allowed.

That would be all standard SAP except for the programming to create the IDOC to the external system via PI.

Craig

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Thanks for your comment. Of course, this is also an achievable solution and there may be many different ways to bell the cat

At the end it all depends on what is the exact idea behind business preferring one particular solution upon other available options, based on their analysis/experience and alternatives discussed.

Thanks,

Arijit

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. many ways.. but i really hate to see companies introduce customized programs and solutions into something that could very well be resolved with existing functionality.  It happens way to much and its mostly a matter of not having consultants that really understand their areas.  No offense intended to the OP as this is most likely not his design and once something is in place it is hard to get rid of it.

Craig

0 Kudos

Dear,

Check out movement 350 related documents as you are moving 107 to blocked stock.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is this. "you are moving 107 to blocked stock"?   We are not moving 107.  107 doesn't get moved. 107 is a material movement, an action...

And what is 350 going to do?  How is he to use it? What is he going to check out?

If you are suggesting he config 350 movement type to a UD code, explain that.  Or give him a hint at least.

At this point we aren't even sure if the lot is stock relevant and is posting stock.

Craig

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to be a bit more specific.  Is the vendor doing the transactions in THEIR SAP system?  Or yours?

Is the inspection lot you are releasing in your system or theirs?

I'm going on the assumption ALL of these transactions are being done in your SAP system and you have granted your vendor login access into your system.

So first, whether an inspection lot is in play or not should have no affect on the creation of material documents or not.  So technically, this is probably not a QM issue at all.

Second. 107 is to post to blocked stock.. so my guess is that you are in fact getting a non-stock relevant inspection lot, (it sounds like you have an inspection lot but I'm not sure).  The stock gets posted to blocked stock and the inspection lot is posted.  If the inspection lot is not stock relevant, it won't move the stock from blocked stock to unrestricted stock.  That would have to be manually done after the UD was made.

My feeling is you may need to go back and get more detail on the process.  I'm not sure its really coorect for what you want to do but again, the info is not really detailed enough for me to know.

Craig

0 Kudos

Vendor is doing the transactions in our SAP system.

Inspection lot that is created and released are in our system.

yes, when we do 107 stock will be posted to blocked stock and an inspection lot will get created( Customized as per our requirement). So once the usage decision is performed we will post the stock to Blocked in the Inspection lot and then release the Lot.

In this case system is not creating any material document.

Usually when you do 101 and then release the inspection lot created during GR using 101, system will post the 321 material document.

Similarly I just wanted to know whether a material document gets created when we release the inspection lot that is created during 107?

Just wanted to know if this can be possible in standard SAP or is there any alternate way where we can do it.

The requirement is when we release the inspection lot that is created during 107, system should send this inspection lot details to the third party system(non-sap).

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

May be this document could help you understand the inspection lot creation process for MvT 107 what I had faced sometimes back: https://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-60852

Thanks,

Arijit

0 Kudos

Hi Arijit,

Thanks for your suggestion.

But in our requirement we have activated QM at 107 movement type.

So when we release the inspection lot at 107, we need to have a reference document to be created.

when an inspection lot is created during 107 or 101 movement types, when releasing these inspection lots system would automatically create a material document with 321 movement type.
Similar to this we need a material document to be created when releasing the Inspection lot at that is created at 107 mvt type.

Is this possible in standard SAP?

Thanks,

Raju

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok. first, since it appears you customized, (not just configuration), it might be dififcult for us to help.

As far as your release, you can't expect a material document.  You aren't actually moving any material so there is no material document to be created.  Making a UD does not in and by itself move stock or create a material document.  The UD only does this if you have set up the catalog codes to do so or you have utilized the stock posting screens and stock resides in the appropriate inventory area.

Quality stock is an actual stock category just like blocked stock.  A 321 can only move material between quality stock and unrestricted stock. It will not, under normal circumstances touch blocked stock which is where your stock resides, it does not reside in quality stock.

You should try and study up on these differences. Material documents are not a QM object.

Craig

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

You must answer to Craig's appropriate questions, so that we can understand the actual process you are trying to achieve here. You might be having something custom in place, but unless you explain this process well as to why you have done that, it becomes difficult for us to understand and propose any idea.

To my understanding, MvT 107 is linked to dummy GR w.r.t. Advance Shipment Notification (ASN). This do not practically post any goods in the system. I am not sure what kind of customization is there in place for you as you have been able to post GR here I guess!! Are you sure if this is what you have done? Have I understood your process correctly?

In normal process, GR from PurOrd with MvT 101 to create inspection lot, can also be done in two Steps -

a) MvT 107 => GR for ASN but no stock movement. Inspection lot (Insp type 01) created in order to store the inspection results, vendor may send you with ASN.

b) MvT 109 => This is linked to the Material Document created form MvT 107. After that, in system there is a link between both the documents posted in system. Here also a new Inspection lot created (Insp type 01), where you practically record the results for Goods coming to your warehouse.

As you might have checked for my DOC attached, we have removed creation of Inspection lot for MvT 107 and only kept this process active for MvT 109, just to avoid this confusion in the process.

Please confirm, what is the real need for you to create an inspection lot at MvT 107? Is your 3rd party vendor really testing something for the inspection lot created? What all details you are going to capture at that stage, which can't be captured for Inspection lot linked to the actual GR posted by MvT 109? What are the limitations in this process you can foresee?

May be your query can be better answered in SCN@MM forum, as I do not see much form QM side to support your issue.

Thanks,

Arijit

Message was edited by: Arijit Banerjee