Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIC with multiple result recording

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario as following:

there is a Quantitative MIC with single result recording and upper and lower limit. User is recording 10 observations for this MIC.

Now the requirement is

1. User wants to define two upper and two lower limits for one MIC (i.e. LSL1=8, USL1=10  and  LSL2= 7 USL = 11)

2. there are 10 number of readings if two reading are out of specs (LSL1-USL1) then system checks if it exists between LSL2-USL2 then allow to add further 20 sample readings otherwise Reject the MIC

Now out of all 30 samples (10+ 20)  if 3 readings are out of specs (LSL1-USL1) MIC is considered as Accepted else it should be rejected.

Please let me know how to resolve this issue in SAP QM

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The only possible way you can handle this is with an SPC characteristic.

You could apply something like the Western Electric Rules that SAP already supports in standard SAP for SPC characteristics.

You'd have to probably create your own function modules, create a new valuation and configure them similar to how the Western Electric Rules are supported.

I'd first set up a test using the Western Electric Rules, understand how it works, then figure out which function module you need to copy and modify and what config changes you'll need.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

I cannot understand how this will be possible by an SPC & Western Electric rule. Please elaborate if possible.

Regards

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It would be a custom solution.  I.e. look at how the WE rule is implemented and valuated.  You need to utilize the same process and look at the FM's that valuate the WE rules.  Those FM's are PROBABLY what you want to start with.  You would copy that FM, and gut it down to it's shell and then put in your own logic to perform the valuation you need to do.

This may or may not work.  I don't know enough of your specifics and I have done this.  I'm just suggesting you look at this.  If I was asked to do what you have posted here, it would be the first thing I would try.

Craig