cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP 4. 7 Installation on Windows XP Professional

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anybody tell me whether SAP 4.7 version can be installed on Windows XP professional.? if not, what are the requirements and database (oraacle version? )do i need to install SAP 4.7.

Please help me

thanks in advance

KP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys

Yes you can install SAP 4.7 on WIN XP as well,but to be honest with you basis cosultants install that only on WIndows Server Operating system(could be 2000 or 2003) bcoz they are gonna work on ALE and RFC

Functional consultants can install on XP bcoz they are not gonna work with ALE and RFC

Hope you know what i mean

CHEERS

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i doubt that sap/database will work properly on winxp...so: don't use it as an operating system for sap...

GreetZ, AH

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Some people have installed SAP server products on Windows XP... but... it is not a supported environment.

You MUST install SAP server products on Windows 2000 or 2003 Enterprise edition.

yuezhi_zhao
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello KP,

Yes SAP 4.7 can be installed on WIN XP Professional 32bit or 64-bit. If you use Oracle as database, the version is 9.2.

But SAP 4.7 has 2 versions:110 and 200. You might want to check the platform availability on : http://service.sap.com/PAM

and then 'SAP Application Components' -> SAP R/3 Enterprise. Click on 'database platform' tab to show the DB version , and 'operating system' tab to show the OP information.

Regards,

Joe