Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM Explosion error

mohameds1988
Participant
0 Kudos

Dears,

i have an issue here .. my VC structure is

KMAT (1000551) have two variants (4000181) (4000182)

the KMAT one have super bom which contain one class .. this class replace with one of this raw materials (1000559) (1000560) (1000563) (1000562).

my problem when i create a production order for the variant material i got this error

also i created the BOM link to the KMAT and added the material to the routing

and when i run CU50 for the KMAT material i got the variant and the bom item

so what i can do to solve this BOM explosion error.

i tried to follow this steps and i didn't get any result

No BOM explosion in production order | SCN

BR,

Salah

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ritz
Active Contributor

Mohamed Salah,

Thanks for creating a new thread for issue you are facing.

Please confirm when you do simulation in CU50 its resulting in correct material variant determination. As in screen shot i can see BOM with only one component but i cant see the material variant.

use Transaction: CS40 for creating link material variant to configurable material BOM.

Also , please check you BOM usage and BOM application tied up with your production order type, it may possible in simulation its using PP01 but in production order it may belooking for another BOM usage and resulting in NO BOM .

If you have recently changed any on the settings please create a new setup, like create new sales order with KMAT resulting in material variant replacing the sales order line item and then run MRP to get plan order followed by production order , it may work.

To check the possibility of class node creating this issue, just add an normal component in BOM , just for test, it may help you as even if class node is not getting replaced a normal non configurable component will always appear and atlest it will prove BOM explosion for your production order works fine.

Please check and revert back. Hope it may help you.

Thanks

Ritesh

mohameds1988
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ritesh,

regard the CU50 testing for calling the variant it working well but i got the below info.

and regard adding a standard components in BOM here is the BOM from the master data

but in the production order .. the class didn't replaced with it's material.

and the assigned BOM application in OPL8 is PP01 .. Also in CS12 after adding the raw materials directly in the bom i got the right result for the materials and i didn't get any thing for the class.

BR,

Salah

mohameds1988
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ritesh,

i was created for example class (vc) type 200 to be added in BOM .. but now i used only class 300 in BOM and in the configuration and in the configuration profile .. now problem solved by re-creating everything from scratch and using only one class type (300) instead 300 & 200.

thanks for support.

Best Regards,

Mohamed Salah

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mohamed Salah,

Its good that your issue is resolved and you figure out that it was the issue with class node class.

If I have been at you place i could have corrected the class settings for class 200 instead of using class 300 assigned to non configurable materials.

To know the in detail setup on how to use classes in BOM as component, please go though below document. Also please rate the document if you like it and find it useful .

Hope you will find my reply appropriate even though you have close the thread.

Thanks

Ritesh

mohameds1988
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Bro for your help

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are welcome.

Thanks

Ritesh