Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Deploy SAPUI5 appplication on SMP3.0 and access it on desktop browser

amey_baisane
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Team,

How I can have the ui5 web application deployed on SMP3.0 ?

I have the environment where my Odata services are exposed from NW gateway server and connecting to backend ECC to  pull the data.

I have and SMP3.0 SP10 as additional layer, I want to deploy/host this application through SMP.

After searching on the SCN, I came across some article which are having similar case -

Like How to maintain the multiple backend url

Link - http://scn.sap.com/thread/3776238

Link -

How to deply the UI app on SMP

After referring the above blogs I got some idea on this. but I have a few doubts that request you guys to help to clear -

1. Can I deploy my UI5 web application on NW server and expose/use it through SMP to end user' desktop browser?

2. If yes, can still be able to register on SMP?

Kind Regards,

Amey

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190010
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amey,

As you saw in the threads, the only way you can host a web application in SMP is deploying a war file into the pickup folder of the SMP folder: "C:\SAP\MobilePlatform3\Server\pickup"

1) You can deploy SAPUI5 applciation in the ABAP Repository, and expose it through smp.

Since SP10 there is a new category when creating an application that is "Web".

2) I believe that yes. Remember that there are different ways for registering an application in smp:

In case it's a mobile application you can use kapsel or native plugins.

In case it's a web application, you can call the SMP REST API.

Regards,

Emanuel

amey_baisane
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Emanuel,

Thanks for the input.

Can please share more information on first approach - where application can deploy on NW gateway and from SMP management cockpit we can select the application category as web app?

sample step or any reference document will help.

Kind Regards,

Amey

former_member190010
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amey,

How to deploy sapui5 fiori app in SAPUI% Abap Repository:

SAP Web IDE Developer Guide

You can create application in smp as explained in this post:

Regards,
Emanuel

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP's intended design is for you to deploy the SAP UI5 application as a hybrid web app, which is a web application which is contained in a native Cordova app.

In addition SAP provides many cordova plugins (called Kapsel plugins) which allow you to access native device features from the hybrid web app (using javascript).

I would start with the Kapsel Development Guide

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_smp3012sdk/helpdata/en/7c/05514870061014ae31b35a27134786/frameset.htm

Also this is very helpful as a tutorial.

former_member183031
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amey,

If its UI5 Application

you can deploy your application in the machine(Where SMP server Installed)

under folder C:\SAP\MobilePlatform3\Server\webapps\sapui5

Then restart your SMP server.

Then you should be able to access your SAPUI5 Application from your desktop.

Regards,

MBR.

amey_baisane
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manjunath,

Thanks for the reply. Yes it is UI5 application. and I have SMP3.0 sp10 installed.

When you are saying I need to deploy it on C:\SAP\MobilePlatform3\Server\webapps\sapui5

What process I need to follow? Can you please provide more information on this?.

I have seen there is a option of "application type as  - web app" while creating a application on SMP management cockpit  any idea how it link to it?

Also, an alternate - is it possible, if I can deploy it on NW gateway and expose it through SMP?

Kind Regards,

Amey

former_member183031
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Amey,

Please follow this link which may answer your query.

Regards,

MBR.