cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fetch data from back end for PO?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Right now i m working on the scenario in which i need to fetch PO related data from backend R/3 system.

I found out one function module "META_PO_GETDETAIL" which accept 1 PO number as input and gives PO Related data as output. But its a remote FM, so i dont want to put it in a loop and increase load on server.

So if anyone knows abt any Function module which can fetch data from R/3 for a list of PO and give that details in SRM.

Plzzzzzzzzzzzz help me out in this problem.

Thank you.

Regards,

Hetal...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Which SRM and R/3 version are you using ? What all data you need from R/3 back-end ? Please elaborate.

<b>Even SAP uses these META BAPIs from SRM system to fetch the R/3 back-end details, whenever required.</b>

META_PO_GETDETAIL              Display purchase order details             
META_PO_GETITEMS               Display purchase order items               
META_PO_GETRELINFO             Display purchase order release information

<b>These META BAPIs in turn calls the standard BAPI (RFC) Function modules in R/3.

BAPI_PO_GETDETAIL

BAPI_PO_GETDETAIL1

BAPI_PO_GETLIST</b>

<u>For getting the local SRM PO data, we use the following function modules

BBP_PD_PO_GETDETAIL

BBP_PD_PO_GETLIST </u>

Do let me know, incase still face any issues.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer the foll FM's for help:

BBP_PO_GETDETAIL

BAPI_PO_GETDETAIL1

BAPI_PO_GETDETAIL

BR,

Disha.

Pls reward points for useful answers.

former_member195032
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hetal,

First of all your requirement seems to be very strange that you want backend PO to be in SRM.

I will suggest that you write your own remotely enabled FM in R/3 system & call that from SRM system as per your requirement.

I found something which might be of your intrest.

There is a BAPI in backend R/3 system.

BAPI_PO_GET_LIST

and it gives list of PO and it checks for release group and release code and based on that it gives list.

table : t16fg(Release Groups) gives relevent group (FRGGR)for this FM &

table : t16fs(release code) field if FRGC1.

If you pass value into above FM ,it will give you list in backend and it can be called from SRM system.

Write something similar program in backend,you can remove the logic of release group and release code and get list into SRM system.

If you see standard SRM system,it always call backend system for everything and there will not be any issues with load and all.There will be many batch jobs scheduled in system which brings data from backend system ,every minute...

So ,if you donot want to do much work call any standard BAPI in R/3 and use that.

BAPI_PO_GETDETAIL is another BAPI existing in R/3 and will. be helpful.

regards,Nishant