cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have scenario: FILE -->-- PI -->-- RFC, it seems to be an issue in PI mapping.

This interface is running in the production,  but one of the field data STTanKID not updated in receiver RFC.

We have used XSLT mapping for this interface, simply one to one PI mapping used. The issue for one of the field STTankID coming from file not properly updated in RFC at the receiver side. Rest other fields data are properly updated in RFC.

I don't have much knowledge about XSLT mapping, Is this XSLT issue or something else.

Can please help or suggest ?

Regards,

Sameer!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please note - People on SCN contribute voluntarily and hence please exhibit some patience! It will take folks more than 30 minutes to respond. Everyone has a day job as well

I see your operation mapping has 2 mappings, the XSLT and then the Graphical.

• Have you taken the input data from your PI Monitoring and then run the Operation Mapping in the ESR? Is the field visible?
  • Have you check the output of your Message in PI ? Is this field unavailable or available?
  • How have you concluded that this field is missing? Is it from the Logs in PI?
  • Are you on a Dual Stack PI or a Single Stack? Are you using a Classical Configuration?

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bhavesh,

Thanks for your reply...

• Have you taken the input data from your PI Monitoring and then run the Operation Mapping in the ESR? Is the field visible?

I have tried to run the operation mapping with the source payload data, As I could first XSLT mapping  work fine and the output field generated, but in the second mapping the output filed is missing and not getting generated.

• Have you check the output of your Message in PI ? Is this field unavailable or available?

Yes, checked the output, this field is missing there...

• How have you concluded that this field is missing? Is it from the Logs in PI?

Yes, I have found this particular field is missing at the receiver side, rest other fields properly updated. Have crossed checked the RFC receiver communication logs and payload data but this field is missing.

• Are you on a Dual Stack PI or a Single Stack? Are you using a Classical Configuration?

We are using SAP PI 7.3 Single and Dual stack, using Dual Stack for this particular scenario but no ICO.

Sameer

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If your 1st mapping (XSLT) has the field available when you test from ESR but your 2nd mapping does not have the field, then -

• Check this field in the XSLT mapping output. Is it the same name / at the same level etc
  • Take the output of the XSLT mapping , and test your message mapping. Display Queue of this field and see if it shows suppresed.

Looking at your source structure - it could be either that the fieldname has change when the sending system is triggering the data. Is the sender a JDBC adapter?

Please share the XML for the following

1. Input to Operation Mapping

2. Output of XSLT Mapping.

3. Graphical Mapping Input when testing mapping standalone.

Regards

Bhavesh

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sameer check the link I shared,It has some solutions as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bhavesh,

Issue resolved. it seems to be mapping issue, sometime strange behavior in PI 🙂

Sameer

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sameer,

First stop/start the RFC channel and check,Might be due to RFC cache update issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

I did the same but no success.

Sameer!

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sameer,

Then restarting the server could help you

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3351211