cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Base Price Calculation based on value of the Characteristics of Variant Configuration Material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Good Morning,

I have created Product B which is a variant configuration material.

I have defined one characteristics Area of Material : (Length * Width * No of Pieces)1000000 = This will give the value in m2.

This is getting calculated correctly.

Now as per the requirement, the Base Price PR00 has to be calculated based on the Value of this characteristics and not on the number of Pieces of Product B.

Note : The Conversion factor cannot be maintained as the Area gets calculated based on the formula.

The Calculation should happen as per below example.

100 Rs per M2 if Area is 3.4 M2 then Base Price will be 100*3.4 = 340 INR.

Kindly share your valuable inputs.

Thanks,

Farhan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moved from SAP ERP Sales and Distribution (SAP SD) to SAP ERP PLM - Classification and Variant Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

Can anyone share the valuable inputs.

I have defined the new condition VR00 copying VA00.

I have set up the condition records as VR00 with combination

Material

M_AREA_M2 as 120 EUR.

Now I want to write the dependency so that M_AREA_M2 value which is getting calculated should come in Sales Order by getting multiplied by 120

e.g. 2.3 m2 * 120 = 240.6 my condition value.

I have created SDCOM as new pricing characteristics and have assigned SDCOM and VKOND to it.

Also I have assigned M_AREA_M2 as a value to it.

But I need to write dependency to declare M_AREA_M2.

Kindly share the dependency syntax so that above calculations should work for me.

Thanks,

Farhan.

former_member233130
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried updating order quantity according to that characteristic?

if you do that,your variant condition's calculation base will be changed.

sez41
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Things to consider for you generally in LO-VC:

* PR00 is not a variant condition; in order to fulfill your requirement, your condition type's "Variant condition" field should be checked in V/06.

* Variant conditions' condition class should be surcharge (A); not price (B), as you can enter only one active price for an item.

* Recommended condition types are VA00 and VA01, check them please.

After considering the recommendations above, you'll need to create a ref. characteristics for variant conditions, create variants from VK30 and then create condition records for your requirement. Exhaustive information can be found on SCN and help.sap.com under section Variant Pricing -> Variant Conditions - Variant Configuration (LO-VC) - SAP Library

In this specific example I guess you'll need to create your characteristic as a ref. characteristic to a special vbap field. (You should have appended vbap for your field, your field should be vbap-zzarea for example). You'll need to append this field to Kompaz structure in order to be able to use it in pricing. Your condition table should include this field as a key field, and you should implement new pricing in program MV45AFZB whenever this field changes (i.e. if vbap-zzarea ne *vbap-zzarea. new_pricing = 'C'.). So for this instance, you actually would not be using variant pricing, this would be standard R/3 pricing without LO-VC variant pricing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bilgin,

Thanks for your reply.

Request you to review my Requirement once more.

The Base Price is what the expectation here which will be multiplied by the value of the Area m2 which is arriving through a calculation.

Another way I can copy PR00 and create it a new condition type VR00 with description as base price and selecting the option of variant.

I can maintain the condition record of VR00 against the characteristics Area m2 and price 120 EUR.

I think this should work for me.

Kindly share your valuable inputs.

Thanks,

Farhan.

sez41
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Farhan,

I was just revisiting my post and adding extra suggestions while you were replying. Can you reread my initial post again?

I guess by creating a z-field for your characteristics you should be OK.

former_member233130
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

i dont think this solves your problem.Can you share the results after you try?

sez41
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There will be additional necessary codings which are well documented as well, like:

For pricing: moving vbap-zzarea's value to tkomp in mv45afzz

For lo-vc/sd integration: 1- Appending structure VCSD_UPDATE, 2- activating customer exits EXIT_SAPLCEI0_001 and EXIT_SAPFV45S_002

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bilgin,

Thanks for the valuable inputs.

So 99% we will be going for ABAP development.

I have summarised the steps below.

1. I will create one new Z Field = ZAREA.

2. I need to add and activate the field in Pricing Structure.

3. The value of Area Characteristics will be pass in this new field ZAREA.

4. I will write the logic by creating the new routine or in the User Exit as u have mentioned.

5. The Condition Value should get calculate value maintained in the condition record * ZAREA value and not on Sales Order Quantity. I

6. Do I need to write the logic here to ignore the Sales Order Quantity in pricing user exit for VA01 and VA02..

Please can you review the above steps and once again summarise in details in sequence so I can easily understood and implement this change.

Thanks,

Farhan.

sez41
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Farhan,

I will try to summarize:

1. Create one new Z Field for vbap = ZAREA.

2. I add and activate the field in Pricing Structure Komp.

3. The value of Area Characteristics will be passed in this new field ZAREA > Append structure VCSD_UPDATE with correct sequence, then activate customer functions EXIT_SAPLCEI0_001 and EXIT_SAPFV45S_002 ---> Take a look at this post

4. No complex User Exit is required. In Mv45afzz, pass the value of Zarea to tkomp-zarea, and in Mv45afzb force new_pricing when zarea's value is changed.

5. Create condition table with zarea (and if necessary, additional) key field. Create condition record for this: For ex, 1 m2 = 100 USD.

6. Calculation rule for your condition type should be "G" - Formula in V/06. Write a VOFM routine to set condition value of your item by: xkwert = tkomp-zarea * xkomv-kbetr, and assign this to your condition type in your pricing procedure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for all your valuable inputs.

Rather going for the ABAP due to time constraint. I went with the approach of populating the base price and three discounts using reference characteristics in pricing.and then creating the dependencies against each to suffice the requirement.

Have enclosed the snap shots for your references.

Thanks,

Farhan.