Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ME53N - Drop down menu

Nicolas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

We would like to write a script which retrieves the purchase requisitions created by the user when he start the transaction ME53N. The script will be attached to the onload event. To do this, we use the drop down menu Selection variant > My purchase requisitions :

Unfortunately, the id of the entry My purchase requisitions changes when the transaction is restarted and, thus, the execution of the script failed. For example:

wnd[0]/shellcont/shell/shellcont[1]/shell/dropmenuSELECT/shell/item00155D047C711ED682F15A2DD98340CENEWREQ_BY_USER_QUERY

becomes

wnd[0]/shellcont/shell/shellcont[1]/shell/dropmenuSELECT/shell/item00155D047C711ED682F1602F577860CENEWREQ_BY_USER_QUERY

I read in the wiki Screen and Control ID Overwrite Concept in Personas 3.0 - SAP Imagineering - SCN Wiki that this behavior can be corrected by the control ID overwriting mechanism. So, I add the following rule in the Control Overwrite Maintenance table:

but it does not work... Probably because I did not understand how it works...

Could you help me on this ?

Version: Personas 3.0 SP 2.0

Best regards,

Nicolas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas,

As far as I could see, ME53N regenerates the screen in every execution, causing the item IDs from the context menu to be regenerated with new numbers.

Regards,

Cris

Nicolas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cristiano,

Thank you for your answer.

Indeed, the IDs are regenerated but we would like to find a way to display the user's purchase requisitions when he starts the transaction. Is it possible (for example with the control ID overwriting mechanism) or do we have to use another method ?

Best regards,

Nicolas

0 Kudos

hi nicolas,

i have kicked off some discussions internally to handle this.

I would have expected that control overwrite takes care of this but it seems thats not the case.

I will post here when we reach to some conclusion or you can also create a message with us.

Regards,

Sushant

Nicolas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sushant,

Thank you for your reply and to have a look on my issue .

Best regards,

Nicolas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sushant,

I have the same problem in my script with the IDs regeneration.

I'd like to know if today, a few of after, if you've found a solution to automatize the selection of an item such as "Purchase Requisitions" in the DropDown menu ?

My colleagues and me would much appreciate your help.

Thanks a lot.

Maxime